"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 19, 2008

.The Wedding.

Patrick and I just celebrated 3 years of Marriage! We have come to realize marriage sure isn't a fairy tale! - we have our ups and downs juts like all newlyweds have! But, one thing is for certain- I love him and he loves me. I have wanted to write down all the drama that went down with our wedding. Looking back- it’s pretty funny… but at the time, I was a total BRIDEZILLA! Here’s how it all started: August 20, 2005--- my aunts went all out and threw me this HUGE bridal shower in Wetumpka. There were close to 40 people in attendance. Many of whom, I haven’t seen since I was a child. Before I went to the shower, I had lunch with my brother and sister-in-law at the China Buffet place on Atlanta Hwy. I ate a huge plate of broiled shrimp, which happens to be my favorite thing to eat. We left China Buffet and headed to Wetumpka. I was driving myself and I felt fine. When I arrived at my Aunt Melanie’s I started to get this bad cough. Still feeling fine, I went upstairs to freshen up. I started feeling really congested- but, I didn’t think anything if it. I fell asleep on the bed in the guest bedroom for about 30 minutes but woke up because my face started to hurt. I went into the bathroom, and looked into the mirror… and right before my eyes- my face began to swell. It was very scary… I walked down stairs and everyone just gasped. I was so embarrassed! Everyone just looked shocked- and I was so scared. I didn’t know what was happening to me. I was rushed to the ER and at this point, I was beginning to have trouble breathing. We decided to stop at a PRI-MED place because we were about 20 minutes from the ER. I rushed in, and without even knowing my name or filling out any paper work, they gave me two shots in my rear and a breathing treatment. It was very dramatic... like something out of ER. It took about 3 days for the swelling to go down. IT was an awful experience. I did get to go back to my shower… and most everyone waited on me to return. I opened my gifts while wearing a pair of HUGE Jackie O. Sunglasses. My friend and Bridesmaid, Summer had to drive me home because my eyes were just about completely swelled shut. I called Patrick to tell him what happened- and he thought I was over exaggerating. Well, he was surprised when he saw me. August 29, 2005--- Hurricane Katrina!
Enough said.
Our 7 day Cruise Trip for our honeymoon was cancelled! We were to depart from New Orleans the day after the wedding. You can imagine how I felt…. Everything had gone wrong! And Katrina was the mother of all disasters! Our travel agent informed me we could catch our ship in Galveston, TX. But, we would have to pay for air fare. Money was tight and it was going to cost us 700 bucks for Patrick and I to fly to Galveston! We decided to do it… even though it wiped out almost all the spending money we had saved. Other CRAZY Misc. things happened--- I got very sick, my car tore up, and then all the last minute things to get done--- piled on MORE and MORE stress than I or Patrick could handle. Patrick and I got into a huge fight the night before the wedding- and we almost called the wedding off. I won’t go into details about this one. It’s far too embarrassing and Stupid! I guess all of the stress derived from Patrick and I attempting to have a Platinum Wedding on a Wal-Mart Budget! :)
We were married, September 17, 2005--- Our wedding was beautiful; it was all that I had dreamed of. I worked very hard for everything to be so perfect. I suppose... I tried to do too much. I made all of the flower arrangements the night before and the day of the wedding I decorated the reception site. So when the time came for the vows... I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was kill over and sleep! The reception was so nice! We had it at Robert Trent Jones Golf Course/Cambrian Ridge and we got a sweet deal because I worked there at the time. All of my co-workers and my bosses Ken and Barb made everything so nice for us. They really went the extra mile and we will forever be grateful to them. When it came time to cut the cakes… I noticed the Fire-truck grooms cake looked more like a birthday cake. I didn’t say anything--- it just didn’t look like it was supposed to look! And when we cut it… it was VANILLA not Chocolate! That was not what we had ordered!!… it looked so stupid. I was SO embarrassed. Well, Whatever... we ate it, and no one even cared but me. Come to find out, the lady who we paid plenty of money to make us this Awesome fire-truck CHOCOLATE cake had completely forgotten about it!—just slipped her mind. And she made this cake in like an hour. There were so many things that went wrong that my friends and family kept from me. ANOTHER major disaster was the Tux’s. The lady that measured the guys, measured totally wrong. She measured from the crotch to the floor and not from the waste to the floor. So all the guys’ tuxes were a like a foot too short! From what I hear, my friend and bridesmaid Jay Jay went to the place and Demanded it be fixed! –Thanks Jay, if it wasn’t for you… they would have all looked like a bunch of Urkels. The wedding was over! We headed to Birmingham about 3 am the next morning to catch the plane to Galveston. The honeymoon was okay- it would have been nicer if we had more cash to spend. :) While were out in the Gulf… guess what happens?! Hurricane Rita comes and barrels down our Port, Galveston, TX. Our 7 day Cruise turned into a 9 day Cruise. Sounds great, right? Nope- we were OUT of CASH!!! and We were SO READY to go home.
Even with all the Craziness of that day and the weeks before and after- I can honestly say it was worth its been worth it! We look back and we can laugh... plus we have some GREAT stories out of our unfortunate wedding.
Here are some pictures of that day: September 17, 2005
(I'll post a picture of that Fire Truck Birthday Cake when I find it... I'm still mad at that lady!)
My Maids and Me
Jay, Summer, Jessica, and Emily
Thanks for all your help that day
Thanks for letting me sob on each of your shoulders
Thanks for everything- I couldn't have done it without you.

Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Bozeman

Three Generations

Me, Mom, and my "Bumblebee"

Patrick

The Groomsmen and Me

Me with the my nieces and nephew

Cutting our Cake-(My "Bumblee" and Aunt Janice Made it!) I loved it!

Happy Anniversary, Ol' Pat! I love you!

I still mean what I had engraved in your ring- ymf, Christy

No comments: