"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

December 25, 2008

.The Smith Pre-Estate Sale.

Update- Patrick and I are still not in the house. We had a Huge Setback with the floors and I’m not going to get into the details--- but I will say that if you are planning to have your floors refinished in Butler County… I can tell you exactly WHO NOT to use. Our floors are officially finished and they now are beautiful- but our beautiful freshly painted walls and base boards will have to undergo some repair because of the carelessness
of the crew that did the floors.
Okay-I’m off my “soap box” and its Christmas day- so, I’ll quit griping and get to the original intent of this Post--- and that is to show off some of the GREAT things I got this week from Mrs. Judy Smith. Mr. Charles and Mrs. Judy came down from TN.
My Blue Heritage China Set
I have been eyeing these pieces ever since we have been in their house
.place setting for 8.
.Some more Goodies.
I was very excited about the green ceramic Christmas Tree- My grandmother has a big one and I loved putting the light bright pegs in them- Miss Judy gave it to me.
Okay- this Blue pitcher is very special. Patrick's grandmother purchased this pitcher in Germany. When Patrick's grandmother died, they cleaned out her house. Patrick gave this pitcher to Miss Judy as a gift... she knew she would love it. Mrs. Judy has been saving this to give back to Patrick because she knew that when he got a little older- he would appreciate it more and would want it back.
He was happy to have it back
I had the opportunity to get to meet Ms. Bozeman before she passed. Patrick and I started dating about a year before she died. She moved in with Patrick's parents when she couldn't take care of herself any longer. She would wake up in the middle of the night and not know where she was. So, I took poster boards and wrote all over them with sayings like- "Alton and Phyllis's House... We love you!"- and I tacked them to her ceilings and walls.
Right before she passed away- Patrick had applied to be a Greenville Fire Fighter. She prayed that Patrick would get the job and she was so proud when he was hired on at the GFD.
.My Cairo Cabinet.

And Now for my Favorite!

.The Value Tale Series.

When I was a little girl- I remember when we lived in Billingly, AL- a man came by the house selling Children's Books and Webster's Dictionaries. My mom purchased the Dictionaries and the Value Tales. We would get a Value Tale in the mail once a month. I loved for my mom to read these to me... she always did such great voices of the characters. The collection we had was scribbled in, scattered, and probably sold at yard sales one by one.

Miss Judy had the entire collection and in perfect condition! These are wonderful books about real life people and heroes- the illustrations in them are great and they really kept my attention as a child.

I'm so happy to have these books- and I will read each and every one of them to my kid(s) and grandchildren one day- these books taught me humility, honesty, and even the value of money and saving... and that's something Hannah Montana will never do!

My favorite one was The Value of Believing in Yourself it was about Dr. Luis Pasteur, who invented the Rabies Vaccination and Penicillin. And I really liked the Lucille Ball and Charles Dickens Value Tale.

Thanks Miss Judy!

No comments: