"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 10, 2009

You won't believe it....

But I’m boldly going where no other Sorensen chid has voluntarily gone before...
I am about to leave on a 12 hour journey to Dallas, Tx with Harold and Debbie Sorensen (My Parents).
We are departing from my house in a few minutes.
My childhood friend, Rosemary, is getting married... and we are headed to Dallas for her wedding.
Rosemary and her family are from Laos and are Hmong (google it). Anyways, I'm hoping she has a traditional Hmong Wedding- because I think it will be neat to see.
I can't wait to see her and meet the fiancé.
I have the following prepared for the trip:
1. My IPOD
2. My Journal
3. My Pillow
4. My Camera
5. A bottle of Crown Royal
6. Bottles of Ambien as well as Xanex
7. and Ibuprofen
(just kidding on 5 and 6)
I am honestly looking forward to spending this time with my folks... and I'm hoping we have a happy trip and make happy memories.
So...
Happy Face- Check
Positive Attitude- Check
I wonder if dad will still tell the hostess at Shoney's that I'm "12 and under"?.... so, he won't have to pay for the buffet... I think I was "12 and under" until I was 15 or so.
AND right now- I'm leaving my Smart Mouth at the house.

No comments: