"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

November 4, 2009

.Weekend Warrior.

Quite a Few Posts in the last two days... scroll down, so you don't miss one! *****************************************
Three weekends ago, Patrick and I did some landscaping around the house. We tilled and raked all the dirt on the right side of our house and then planted grass seed. It was tough- instense- backbraking work! (but much cheaper than laying sod) The side of our house was a dirt pit- the previous owners played basketball in that area... so, the dirt was packed so tightly that grass would not grow.
Now we can see spots of sprouting grass- hopefully it will fill in.

The ditch or gulley to the front of the picture, was Patrick smart thinking. All the rain we have had would wash away the grass seed on this downhill sloap- so, he and I (mostly he) dug a mini drainage ditch. In the Spring we will fill it in.

and here is our new mailbox

I hope to plant shrubs in front of the patio early spring:)

************************************ Allison and Chris (The Parents) went to a Kings of Leon and Creed concert so.... that Friday night Patrick and I babysat their kids: Caleb and Chloe I made Spaghetti and Patrick went to Wal-Mart and picked up some prizes for them. Caleb is one cool kid, always keeps an eye on his sister and can easily be entertained with a Playstation game or a movie. Chloe is unbelievably precious, she melted my heart many times this weekend... she constantly said, "Aunt Kiss-T, I love you" : ) We took them to see Where the Wild Things Are... Caleb really liked it, Chloe could have cared less. I enjoyed the movie- but, it was nothing like I had expected. I previously blogged about how STOKED I was to see it, because that was one of my favorite books when I was a child. It said "Hell" and "Damn" a few times, which I think could have been left out. The movie was visually breathtaking... but at times, it was weird and uncomfortable... but all and all I would say it was good. I give it three stars.
**************************************************
Can't WAIT to see This is It, the Michael Jackson movie, with Elise tomorrow night! Friday night, my friend Summer is coming for a visit and I'm goingt to stay the night with her in Luverne- just like old times. Saturday is April & Dale's wedding and I imagine on Sunday, I'll be sleeping. :)
On another note, got a Card in the mail asking me to be a Bridesmaid in our friends Jason and Stephanie's wedding. In 2010 I will be a bridesmaid in THREE Weddings, and Patrick will be a Groomsmen in two- WOW! I may need to get a second job!

No comments: