"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

February 8, 2010

Checkin' off the list....

I have known for one week that I am prego and I am on TOP of things!


I have my OBG YN- check
It was a hard decision, but I went with a Doctor that is a solo practice versus a  large group. I was getting enticed with the large group practices... but, they are so busy and I didn't feel like I would get the full attention I desire during this entire process.

I'm 99% positive I have a PERFECT Babysitter lined up- check
I can't elaborate on this... because its a secret.
But, I can tell you.... I cried with relief!

Health Insurance for "Pennie"- check

Photographer picked out- check
lorimercerphotography.com
here are the pics she did for a friend of mine:
Patrick and I are super impressed with her amazing talent!

Maternity Clothes- check
"Mama" has racked up! I hit up our local Goodwill last week and got 6 shirts, 1 pair of pants, and a polka-dot dress for $44 bucks, and half of the items were brand new with tags! Then, I went to a yard sale Saturday and found 6 Spring/Summer dresses and 2 tops for $14 bucks!

***********************************************************************

NURSERY
I have it all planned out for a boy or a girl. I am on the hunt for a white crib and changing table. I saw a vintage wrought iron white crib at the flea market last weekend. I LOVED it... but, I wondered how safe it would be? I'm gonna have Patrick check it out next time we're in Montgomery.
Here are just a few folks that were happy to hear the news:
Barb and Karen
They were excited!!!

Eddie, My Boss... Love this picture! hahaha
Kay, at Dr. Bob's Office! Love this! She is making the "Christy Face"

Maxine, at Dr. Bob's... she insists on my child calling her, "Aunt Max"
This Kids gonna have lots of Aunts!


Today, I experienced my first sick morning. I'm blaming it on the pre-natal vitamins; I must take them with food from now on. Other than that, I've just been EXTREMELY TIRED! I have always loved a good nap and slept a good bit (ask any of my friends), but lately... it’s been ridiculous.


Many people have asked if I will participate in the annual Puttin' on the Ritz show. Thankfully, the Good Lord gave me enough self awareness to realize that no one really cares to see a BIG pregnant woman on stage singing and dancing all over the place, so I have decided to sit this year out. I do plan to help in other ways; make-up, costumes, stage-hand...etc. I have to admit, I am sad about having to sit this year out- but, it will be motivation for me to really get back into shape so I can be in the April 2011 show!

Lets not forget the three weddings I'm in this year, here is the plan:
Lacy's- April... barely showing.
Stephanie- August... I'll play the big whale at her beach side wedding.
Baby will be here in September- YAH!
Elise's- December... 3 months to get into shape.
My plan is to breastfeed WHILE running on the treadmill. :)

That's all I got for you this Monday Evening.... Peace Out- I'm going to bed!

1 comment:

Amanda Wissmann said...

Girl! Look at you!!!! Love the pics!