"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

May 12, 2010

Dear Baby,

I felt you move for the first time last Monday night (May 3rd). I was in bed and had just about fallen asleep when I received a text message and rolled over quickly to grab my phone and I guess I startled you because you totally did a back handspring! I haven't felt you move like that since- I've thought about reenacting that night and startling you again... but that would be cruel, wouldn't it? I feel movement a little everyday especially when lying down.

Friday night I stayed up way passed my bedtime and served as a Judge for out town's Relay for Life.  Elise and I judged tents, entrees, deserts, Relay Idol, and Mr. Relay (the woman less beauty pageant).
I'm sure gonna miss Elise when she leaves us!
I went to get fitted for a bridesmaid dress for the August 7th wedding. We decided to wait and the dress made two weeks before the wedding. Also, in place of a zipper they are putting a lace up back in it! I plan to get my money out of this bridesmaid dress and wear it to one of my showers!
We're half way there! 20 weeks- and the size of a cantaloupe! I can't believe how fast this nine months is passing. We went for our 20 week checkup on Monday and had another ultrasound. You're still a girl... which is a relief since I've already ordered furniture fit for a Princess. The ultrasound tech made the comment, "Oooohhh Weeee- she's got some long legs!" (Your mom being 5' 11'' and your dad being 6' 3" that discovery came as no surprise.) 

After my appointment, I went to see Mrs. Alicia at the hospital. Alicia (who was a classmate of mine) and Mylan (her hubby and former classmate as well) are proud parents to a handsome little man named Porter.

Me holding your future playmate and buddy!

Alicia and Christy

**SORRY! No name yet- you're affectionately being referred to as:
TBA

I love you TBA!

No comments: