"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

August 12, 2010

foggy-brained.

Yesterday, I went to my monthly check-up.  It's been 5 weeks since my last check-up!  I was supposed to go last week- but, forgot about my appointment (go figure). I went in like I normally do... they check my blood pressure and then send me off to the bathroom for a urine sample.
I went to the bathroom, hung my purse on the door, did "my business" AND completely forgot to pee in the cup they provided me with! Who does that? I tried to make myself go again by turning on the hot water and holding my hand underneath the faucet... but, it was not happening. I came out of the bathroom, after what seemed like forever, and had to tell Doc of my absentmindedness mistake. He assured me it was FINE and acted as if that happens quite a bit!

I'm having so much trouble concentrating and thinking clearly- No one told me about Pregnancy Charlie Horses or Pregnancy ADD! So, if you're expecting... here is a good read for your absentmindeness:

http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/absentmindedness

The good news is that your absentmindedness is perfectly normal. The bad news is that it is likely to last for several months to come (even after the baby is born, sleep deprivation will continue to fog your brain) so you may as well accept it and do your best to work around it.

BTW- I told my sister about my urine sample incident and she said SHE did the exact same thing when she was pregnant! haha.

*****************************************
Back to my appointment...
Camille's heartbeat was around 150- My belly is still measuring a tad above average. I gained three pounds since my last appointment... which is much better than the 10 I gained the time before! :) I am at a grand total of 25 pounds! Doc wanted me to gain 25-30 lbs for this pregnancy, so... if I can keep it around 5 lbs till my due date, I'll get a good ol' pat on the back. I don't forsee this happening, because everyone says your last month is when you really put on the weight. Doc noticed some water retention in my feet and legs and asked that Patrick keep a close watch on my blood pressure and to check it when my feet and legs swell. Other than that, everything is healthy and normal. I go back in two weeks, then another two weeks, then every week, until she decides to come.

No comments: