"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 27, 2010

Baby Watch!

 If this pregnancy is ANY indication as to what type of personality our child will have... We better be prepared to raise the most stubborn/ hard-headed little girl--- Ever!

I JUST KNEW after the miserable weekend I had--- that today I would be told by my doctor, "Christy, you better stay in Montgomery... this baby could come at anytime!"

Ummmm... yeah, not so much.


Doctor suggested we go one more week and if I don't have her between now and Monday... he suggested I consider the possibility of being induced. Camille is no doubt going to be a big baby- she's been measuring and weighing above average throughout the entire pregnancy and the doctor is concerned that waiting too long may increase my chances of having to undergo a Cesarean Section (which, I defin. want to avoid at all costs)

IT Sucks!!! because THE ONLY thing I had my heart set on was going into labor naturally.

I've come to the conclusion, and I informed my doctor of this theory, that Camille is just too comfortable in my tummy! My long torso is like the Hilton for babies and she's just too content where she is and that if I was short/ petite/ compact... she'd be clawing her way out by now! That's my theory... and Doc didn't say he agreed or disagreed but he did think that referring to my stomach as The Hilton for Babies was humorous. :)

I'm not going to start pouting just yet... we have one more week and I'm gonna keep on walking and staying active!

C'mon Camille, our hard-headed little girl!!!

No comments: