"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

October 12, 2010

How are we doing?



We are doing SO good!
Camille is nursing like a champion and is sleeping 3-4 hours at a time... sometimes even more, and I have to wake her up! She had slight Jaundice when we left the hospital. Before leaving the hospital she scored an 11.8 on her Billirubin which isn't high (high is 17 to 20 and normal is 12)... so, we had to take her to be tested again on Friday and Saturday. On Friday, she scored an 12.5 and then Saturday she scored an 11.5! We are happy, because that means her BR scores have declined and the Jaundice has just about completely cleared on its own. However, we did let her sunbathe in front of our living room windows for a while on Saturday.

other than the Jaundice and a bad case of the hiccups... we are all doing well.
But, I have to say that I honestly believe that if Camille asked her Daddy for a Pony... she'd get one and PRONTO! :)

********************************************
Side Note-  My mother was in a terrible car accident Friday morning. She was on her way to her job and a log truck was stalled on the road around a curve. Her car, as well as the car in front of her, ran under the 18 wheeler log truck. The owner of the truck was under his truck working on it when the accident occurred. My mother had to be cut out of the vehicle. Miraculously, everyone is okay and my mom is recovering at home.  Friday was easily one of the worst days of my life! Just a few days after giving birth, having to get Camille to the pediatrician for her Jaundice test and then hearing the news of my mother and not being able to go and see her right away was AWFUL!

 My mom is VERY disappointed because she had planned to come stay with me and help me with Camille and housework over the weekend and all this week. I'm so thankful that Lil' Mil is sleeping well and allowing me to get plenty of rest so that it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be or as hard as everyone said it would be. I actually have been getting more sleep now that I did when I was pregnant with her--- I'll take a crying baby over pregnancy heartburn ANY day!

Get well soon Mom and get your tale over here- Camille really wants you to read books to her. I told her how you do THE BEST character voices. I love you. :)

1 comment:

Kimberly. said...

Aww! What a good lookin family!! So glad everyone is doing well! Ready to see that sweet lil girl!