"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

January 20, 2011

Busy. Busy. Busy....

What I wouldn't give for a day to just sit around and DO absolutely NOTHING!

Its an ACT OF CONGRESS to do ANYTHING now... a simple trip to Wal-Mart is exhausting especially when Camille has a BLOW OUT at Wal-Mart and I'm in the rest room for 30 minutes practically trying to bathe her with just a handful of wipes and end up getting the mess on my shirt- and yes after all of that, I continue to shop because my cupboards are bare and say a prayer that no one notices the big orange stain on my shirt.... and if they do- I hope they think its mustard and not what it really is.
This week- starting Monday... I was determined to do the gym thing. I've been wanting to take the ZUMBA class everyone talks about on facebook and I was really excited when I found out there is childcare included with my Y membership. SO, last week I stopped by the Y after work to check out the childcare providers and to make sure it wasn't a couple of 15 year olds working there as a after school gig. (Can't just leave my 3 month old baby with just anyone!) I was surprised to find its a 21 year old sweet girl who totally has it together. Well, I worked my tale off to get to the gym by 5:20 (class starts at 5:30)  IN PLENTY of time to drop Camille off in the nursery... and as I walked in the door, began to sign in- the man at the front desk informs me that there is no childcare tonight. WHAT!? I WAS FURIOUS!!! AND I'm ashamed to say I was a total--- you know what--- to the poor guy. 

I left mad as fire... and I was so desperate to make it to the gym that I called the lady who keeps Camille for me and asked if she would watch her for an hour. She GLADLY said yes, and I made it to the last 30 minutes of ZUMBA and I have to say that I really really REALLY liked it- although, I do feel the need to head to church and repent after doing all those butt thrusting movements Zumba intels! yep- Kinda Riskay- but my legs and stomach muscles are on fire from tonight's class...so, it must be working. My Mother-In-Law plans to join me for classes next week- we will see how that goes, considering she thought for years it was a SIN for ladies to wear anything other than dresses or skirts- I'm betting she'll leave with rose colored cheeks after the first 10 minutes!

And- FYI... I did go back and apologize to the guy at the front desk :)

I'm not doing any crazy diets to get in shape (not BACK in shape... I wasn't in shape pre-Camille).  It's VERY tempting to go to the Doctor and get "The Shot" and some of those pills that make you act completely spastic and your heart race 1000 miles per hour... yes, very tempting. But, I'm gonna try this incredible idea from my Women's Health Magazine first... here's my Scientific plan:

Quit eating all that CRAP that's not healthy for me
Go to the gym 3 times a week
Drink water instead of cokes

That's It!

******************************************

In other news, we've been fighting CRAZY sickness at our house. Despite my efforts to keep Camille from getting sick


She still managed to catch a little 24 bug. She ran her first fever of 100.3. Thankfully, my handy-dandy Firefighter/Paramedic/RN Hubby was home to keep me calm while we broke baby girl's fever. Have you ever heard of breaking a child's temperature with egg white's on her feet? Yeah- me neither... but, Patrick wanted to try that before giving her acetaminophen. And you know what? It really worked!!! Within 20 minutes her temperature was down 1 degree and within an hour it was normal and she was sleeping sound. Here's a article:

Camille had a slight cough the next day and then she just got over it- so, no doctor visits was required. I, on the other hand, went to the doctor TWICE last week. 2 visits, 240 bucks worth of prescriptions, and 2 1/2 days off from work... I'm much better but still can't kick this cough! This is frustrating because I NEVER EVER get sick- and if I do, I usually can just sleep it off... which is out of the question when you have a baby to take care of.

On Sunday, January 16th
Camille rolled over from her front to her back. She did it twice and then when I grabbed the video camera to record... she refused to do it again. Patrick was home to see this incredible accomplishment and I wish there had been someone there to record our reactions! We were so stinkin' excited!!! haha. :)
She is getting so big and has the best personality. She smiles non-stop (even in her sleep) and is starting to even laugh a little. She mimics sounds we make and gets so excited when we do our silly things to get a smiles and laughs out of her. She is still a wonderful sleeper!!! She takes about 3 long naps a day and goes to sleep around 9:00 p.m. and remains asleep until I wake her up. On the weekends... she'll sleep till 10 with me- God Love HER!
She won't keep her hands out of her mouth- and she's starting to drool A LOT so we think teeth are next on the milestone checklist!

She watches the My Baby Can Read DVD's at least once a day. She sits in her Mamaroo, with her eyes as big as quarters, as the different slides of words and interactive children appear on the screen. The babysitter and I notice Camille gets extra excited when babies appear on the screen and could really care less when the words appear. The DVD's are kind of like interactive flashcards. For instance, the word: CLAP appears on the screen in big bright and bold colors and a voice-over says the word, "CLAP". Then uses the words in a sentence, "The baby is clapping... do you see the baby clapping?" "Can you clap your hands? Clap!" All the while a baby is clapping on the screen. Its basically memorization of the way the word looks and its association with the meaning... which is how I learned to read. But, according to many experts- that's not the best way to learn.
Who cares... I just know its better than watching that Spongebob Squarepants MESS and Camille seems to enjoy it... so, we'll keep pressing that play button.

I leave you with this:
Camille is the official spokesperson of
Bosley's Hair Loss for Babies

:)

No comments: