"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

July 17, 2011

Happy 9 Months Old, Camille!

Mil! you’re officially NINE whole months! Hard to believe this time last year, I was 6 months preggers with you in this sweltering heat!!!  We’ve had some fun this Summer doing all those summertime things like... swimming, eating ice-cream, and lounging around in the cool house. You will discover that your mom is not a Summer kinda Gal- and neither is yo’ Daddy! Sorry, in advance, for the beach trips you will be able to count on one hand when reminiscing of your childhood. :(

In your 7th month we took One Step Forward and in your 8 Months we took Two Steps Back, when it comes to sleeping in your crib. All of a sudden you have been waking up between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.  in an exorcist inconsolable state and nothing calms you down except for to lay in the bed with me… : ) Nah, really Mommy has gotten too lazy to stick with the letting-you-cry-it-out-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning! At 2 a.m., on a work-night especially, the last thing I’m thinking about is “BABY WISE”- we’ll get back on track soon, I hope.

I work so hard on the weekends to be consistent with the crib but during the work week, I totally relapse. Honestly, Camille--- if I could achieve a restful nights sleep with you by my side, I'd happily allow you to sleep right next to me.


P-Daddy's’ all like: “Let her sleep in the bed with us, she’ll only be a baby once… let’s hold her, what does it matter?”


Easy for him to say... because you only grab fists fulls of hair from MY head, kick me in MY neck and mistake only MY nose for your pacifier. I love you, but you are a sleeping TERROR and I get no rest as we “snuggle”. I am keeping up the good fight AND mark my words, you'll be sleeping through the entire night (in your own bed, again) before you know it!

In your 8th Month you:
  • Developed Super Hero Crawling Capabilities 
  • Have begun to let go of your "lean to" and remain balanced for a while (the longest I counted was to 4 Mississippi) You are so cute when you do this, looks like my baby is surfing! Your Sitter has been given STRICT instruction to either: 
A. When you begin to take your first step, push you down (ever so softly, of course)
B. Let you take that step and take the knowledge of viewing your first step to her grave!

I'm predicting a step in your ninth or tenth month and it is completely stressing me out that I will not be there, with video camera in hand, to record this epic event in your life! IF you do begin to start walking soon, it's all because your little legs are taking a beating from crawling on our hardwood floors---- and you just CANNOT take it anymore. We keep pants on your chubby legs to help, but they still get banged up. :(
  • Began eating fruit puffs! The Sweet Potato ones are delicious and your favorite (mine too)!
  • Became a Sipper Cup Pro
  • Can sit unassisted in the bathtub!
  • Began using a Walker 
  • Swam in RIVER water- ewwww.
  • Have enough hair on your head to secure a sweet lil' bow
  • Spazz out at Cartoons, especially The Backyardigans. (fyi- Those things are precious!)
  • Have a few tricks up your sleeve: You high-five on demand and like to mimic fake coughing! (Of course you refuse to do your "tricks" when I want you to do them in front of someone!)
  • Saw your first fireworks show and couldn't have cared less! ---This was a bummer because I have been desperately trying to get you to do something hysterical on camera, something so hysterical that when I upload it to Youtube, it would become an instant viral hit and then Mommy and Daddy would be flown first class to New York to appear on the Today Show with Matt and Ann just to tell the entire world how much fun you are! I thought for sure that the fireworks would get a reaction from you because you startle kinda' easy. Anytime a door slams, a sneaze happens, or even if someone breaks silence with a simple, "Hey!" Your eyes become as big as the Powder Puff Girls, your eyebrows raise to extreme heights, and your head bobbles. IT IS funny- but, I can't deliberately do those things to get that reaction for a video... so, I just knew a FIREWORKS show was going to be the answer to my Today Show dream. Yeah, not so much.  


What can I do to make YOU a viral sensation?!  I suppose I have years before I hear, "Mom, get that stupid camera outta' my face already... Gah, You ruin my L-I-F-E!"  So... we still have time! But, let's hurry before Matt Lauer retires, okay?

Here are some photos of your 8th month, MillieVanillie!



Cousins in their matching Jammies
 She loves THRILLERS!



 Look at those eyelashes! WHERE she gets them from, I don't know!


Fourth of July
Swimmin' in the Alabama River
Wearing a Hawaiian Dress
(While our friends Griffin and Lacy Jo were honeymooning in Hawaii, we found out your gender!
I texted Lacy and she brought this sweet dress back for you!)
First Fireworks



No comments: