"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 2, 2008

.The Renovation.

So, I have been MIA for a couple of months now. :) Below are some pictures to show you how
busy me and the hubby have been!
Here is what WE have done so far... new windows throughout entire house totally gutted the entire house including ceilings and walls built-up the ceilings in the hallway new insulation throughout entire house new sheetrock was installed last week Hired a Painter Today!!! The hard part is over! Tearing out the old sheetrock and pulling every single nail and screw out of the ceiling in the walls was so tiring! I am so happy we did this- Even though, I get very stressed out and overwhelmed at times--- I see our progress and it makes me very proud. The great thing is... Patrick and I have been able to spend more time together on this house than we have spent together in a long time... it has brought us closer. AND I think I have surprised him with my construction skills--- I am very handy with a tablesaw now. :) Patrick has definately had some good laughs while watching me at work.
By the way--- Golson and Mary Cooper are our next door neighbors and they are the best! Mr. Golson cuts grass and lets me use all his lawn stuff anytime I need too. Mrs. Mary gives me fresh tomatos and cucumbers from their garden. Mr. Golson gets "a kick" out of see me at the house on my lunch breaks.... in a dress.... holding a window for Patrick to nail up. He says all the time, "When you kids have any time to sleep?" I love having "grandparents" right next door. They tell us all the time how happy they are to have us as neighbors. I hope they know we feel the same way about them.
Here are some pictures of our progress... Enjoy.
New Pella Windows
Kitchen
Kitchen View AgainMaster Bedroom Master Bedroom Living Room View of Kitchen and Bar Extra Bedroom New TALLER Hallway
Living Room Living Room Windows I'am missing pictures of the other Bedroom bc the Painter was working in there... and I didn't want to bother him.

No comments: