"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

August 9, 2008

Our First Home

Patrick and Christy Bozeman 239 Country Club Drive
Okay. Everyone who knows Patrick and I know that we have lived in an Apartment for the entire length of our relationship. Patrick has been fine with this… but- I hated throwing our money away in rent. When I did the math… I calculated that 19,824.00, in 6 years, has been spent in rent money! That would be a nice down payment for a new home… wouldn't it? I have been working on trying to find a house here in Greenville that was "worth" the asking price. Anyone that lives in Greenville and has looked at real estate knows how difficult it is to find a house that isn't WAY overpriced. Well, a couple of months ago I was walking down Country Club Drive and I saw a vacant small –ugly--seafoam green--asbestos siding house. I went and looked through the windows and noticed that the inside was BEAUTIFUL.
The kitchen was new and the living room had beautiful hardwood floors. I walked around back and realized the house was MUCH bigger than it looked. I did some research, and found that the house was a foreclosure. I called Richard Branum with Butler County Land and Title- and he was so helpful to me. He went with me to the Courthouse and found out useful information on the property.
I called the realtor, who was handling the sale of the foreclosure. She informed the asking price was 89,000.00. I thought that wasn't bad for this "diamond in the rough" and asked to be shown the house that week. (keep in mind I pretty much did all this behind Patrick's back… because he has NO vision.) AS I met with the lady and walked through the house- I realized it was a great price. The Bathroom alone, which was renovated in 2005, could have me star on MTV cribs. The rooms are large in size… and Hardwood flooring is in the rest of the house under ugly red carpet. The house is 3 bedrooms 2 Baths kitchen, dining room & Living Room Combo, and a laundry room. Also, French doors open to the Awesome Back Deck…. Which by the way, has a Yellow slide from the deck to the yard for "Pennie" to play on. In short, it's the best starter home I have seen for the money.
Okay. So, I talked it over with Patrick and he went and checked it out. He found many issues… cosmetic and minor mostly- but he liked it as well. Patrick said he wasn't paying 89 for it! We made an offer at it was accepted! We got it for a STEAL! We have a few more hoops to jump through because the property is a Foreclosure…. And today we received Final Approval. We are having a Home Inspection done Thursday- and if everything works out… we ARE getting it For Sure!
I was so EXCITED when I got the news this morning! Well, I went on my lunch break and Jay Jay called to tell me that our first Apartment, 744 Hardscramble Road, had been struck by lighting and was on Fire. It made me really sad- we moved out of that Apartment only 9 months ago. That was my first apartment; I was 18, working at Ruby Tuesdays, and going to school at LBW. A lot of memories were made there, and it was Crazy that my Husband was over their "fighting a fire" at our first apartment. It scared me to think… we could still be living there, if I hadn't pitched a FIT to move!
Today made me think of how I always say I have the worst luck… but I really don't. I'm one lucky girl- I should be more appreciative of what I have—and the blessings that I receive from God. God is really looking out for me and my husband. I have complained and complained for two years about not having a house… but, it hasn't been our time until now. If this all works out- It was worth the wait! I have been dreaming about this for so long… I can't wait to throw Showers for my girlfriends and Host Parties at our house—I can't WAIT! And you ARE ALL INVITED! From Hardscramble Road to Country Club Drive--- I wonder what's next for us?
Kitchen
Kitchen View of Dining Room and Living Room
Master Bedroom
Master Bath Skylight in Master Bathroom Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2's Master Bathroom Laundry Room Back Yard Patio and Sweet Slide

No comments: