"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

October 3, 2008

My Carrie Bradshaw Inspired Bedroom

Ever since I saw Sex and the City the Movie- I have been in LOVE with the color of her Carrie's newly redecorated apartment. I found a matching color online- Benjamin Moore's Electric Blue. Our Bedroom is large in size and it has a Window and French Doors. I am debating on whether to paint an accent wall and the other walls a cream color... or to go all out Blue- I can't decide. Here is a Pic of SJP's New Digs and the look I'm going for: Yesterday, I found this bed for sale on CraigsList.com. I have been looking for a piece like this! I was so excited when I found it- I called the lady (She lives in Prattville, which is like 1 hour away) and she said it was still available for the price of 150 bucks! I'm getting it Friday! I am going to paint it black and I think it will look amazing against my Carrie Bradshaw Blue walls. Don't you think?
The Seller described it as "Real Rod Iron" and said it could be painted very easily.
I am STOKED about this bed!!
I wish the headboard was a little higher- But, I'm going to hang a mantle above the bed along with framed pictures. But, I love the footboard... its so vintage.
I am in the market to purchase a Chaise Lounge to go in the corner of the bedroom between the window and the French Doors. I hope to find a used one with a "funky" shape and then have it upholstered. I have been checking the Goodwill every Thursday for a Chaise. I may have to breakdown and purchase it retail. :( If anyone finds one- Please let me know. I am waking up early to YARD SALEing tomorrow. I saw a bunch of signs out tonight- Wish me Luck!

1 comment:

Jay said...

I LOVE that bed, it's going to look great in there...

and I still think you should do the blue, It will be so cute.