"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

November 11, 2008

.The Home Stretch.

We are almost finish- the end is in sight... our house is looking like a home. And we should be moved in by the first week of December. -JUST in time for Christmas- I want to take this time to brag on my husband, Patrick. I could just cry thinking about how wonderful and talented he is. Patrick has been working TWO jobs, going to school, and renovating our house in his "spare time". It was a huge undertaking for him to renovate our house. I am so very Thankful for him.
Its has taken almost 5 months to get to where we are now. 3 of those 5 we have been living with our friend, Jason Smith. -And believe it or not, its been tons of fun! I'm really gonna miss having him and his girlfriend, Stephanie as our room mates.
Here are some pics of the house, I took this weekend. We will have color on the walls by the weeks end! Right now we are having the molding, door casings, and window casings painted. Next week the floors will be refinished. Then, we hang lighting/ceiling fans and my kitchen cabinets. The interior will then be completed... like NEW and ready to move in.
The Paint
(Carrie Bradshaw Blue is on the Bottom Right)
Our Bar
We are going to have it stained the same color as our floors Patrick's Beautiful Woodwork on our windows Molding in the Master Bedroom
Mr. Charles came over to help us with a tricky piece. :) Jason and Patrick working hard
My Pink Bathroom...
The wall will be painted the color
Milk Chocolate
Master Bath
I can't wait to get in my TUB!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Christy the house looks beautiful! You guys have done such a great job! I cant wait to see it!! I am so proud for you guys...Love ya girl & have a great weekend!!