"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

November 13, 2008

.4th Grade Sleuth.

The other night I was hanging out with my friend Melissa and her daughter Mallory, who is in the 4th grade. Mallory was talking my ear off and telling me all about school. She proceeded to tell me of a girl in her class who had been writing letters to boys and signing Mallory’s name to the letters. I asked Mallory what she said to the girl…. She said, “Let me show you!” She left and then returned from the car with her purse. She pulled out a sheet of paper that had “SIGNATURES” written at the very top. Under that were the Numbers 1 thru 6 and she had all the girls in her class, including herself, write their names in both print and cursive. Under the signatures was a huge question mark and under the question mark was written, “Who’s telling the Truth?” She had lines pointing to the signature that most resembled the handwriting on the notes that were written supposedly by Mallory. She said she showed the “evidence” to everyone in the class… so that they would know she didn't write the love notes- and that everyone would know who really wrote them. ---So Clever! I just loved this! It was so funny to watch her tell this story and go and get her pocketbook to show me her sleuth work. This is totally something I would have done at her age.
Just wanted to share. :)

No comments: