"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

November 18, 2008

.Twilight.

twilight Pictures, Images and Photos
So, I bought the book last night at Wal-Mart. I started reading it after dinner. Before I went to bed… I had read 7 chapters! I will start back on page 152 this evening. My goal is to have finished it before the midnight showing Thursday at the EDGE Theater. My friend, Melissa and a few others (Who have all read and absolutely love the book) will get together before the movie for drinks. I can’t decide if I like the book enough to go to a midnight showing when I have to work the next morning. So far, the book is okay. It is beautifully written and very descriptive. So descriptive, I can see it happening right before my eyes. So far, Bella has just begun to humor the idea of Edward being a Vampire… and I knew he was a vampire before I ever started reading the book. So, it’s like reading 151 pages of what I already knew. I’m sure it will get more interesting… it has too- bc everyone is making such a fuss about Twilight. I’m ready for it to get to the good stuff. Tomorrow night I am helping with the Box Lunch Fundraiser for Safe Harbor… and then we may go out to dinner with some of our friends to celebrate Patrick’s last Test for school. He has been studying so hard, and I know he’ll do great! Maybe I can read another 100 pages or so tonight… I would like to have it read by Thursday.

No comments: