"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

December 11, 2008

.The House.

I know I’ve been saying “almost finished” for a good two months now! I can’t believe it has taken us so long to get to this point. Well, our wonderful Painter… Jeff--- is finishing up the last of the painting this evening. YAH!
I love all of my colorful walls- I haven’t posted ANY pictures of my colorful rooms- and only a few lucky people have had the privilege of getting a “preview” because I want people to see it with my curtains, furniture, and lighting in place. I have shown a few people and they are shocked… especially when they go into my Blue bedroom! I like what my mom said the other night- she said, “Christy, anyone that really knows you wouldn’t have expected you to paint your house BEIGE!” This is true… I’m not a Beige-Neutral kinda girl. My sister-in-law, Allison, came up from Mobile this weekend and helped me paint all 8 of our interior doors. It’s hard to paint interior doors, especially the ones with the squares cut in them. We removed the hardware and put on two coats. They look GREAT- very professional. I think we may start a door painting business… doors only- no walls, no trim, Just Doors. Thanks for all your help Allison! The floors are scheduled to be refinished MONDAY! –that entire process will take 4 days. We are having trouble deciding on whether to go dark or natural floors. At this point, I am leaning towards natural. They are easier to keep clean and I think it looks more modern… which is the look we are going for. Initially, I was dead set on DARK hardwood- but after looking at decorator magazines… I am having a hard time deciding. –I’m open for Opinions. So we can start moving in next weekend! – All we have left to do on the inside is hang ceiling fans/ lights and install some door knobs. Hallelujah! On another note, Patrick had his last class for RN school last night! - I am relieved that part of our lives is OVER for the time being. It’s really been hard having to share my hubby with Lurleen B. Wallace… he’s all MINE now! I’m looking forward to 2009 and all the changes to come. I feel like 2009 is the year our lives really will begin. We have worked hard- planned for our future… and now its time to start living and enjoying life!

No comments: