"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

December 16, 2008

.Two-Thousand-Eight.

Where did you begin 2008?
I'd tell you- but then I'd have to kill you- ;)
Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Nope- but I'm starting back in 2009 to finish up my Associates
Did you have to go to the hospital?
Me? No. But I did visit my sister when she had sweet baby Taylor
Did you have any encounters with the police?
All the Time! They are my co-workers...
Where did you go on vacation?
The BEACH a couple of times and to TN
What did you purchase that was over $500?
hhmmm... My House
Did you know anybody who got married?
YES! My Cousin, Angela
Did you know anybody who passed away?
Yes.
Did you move anywhere?
Yes- we moved in with my in-laws for an Entire night... then moved in with Patrick's friend Jason, and we are about to move into our Home! Lots of Moving This Year!
What sporting events did you attend?
I don't think any- not a big sports fan.
What concerts/shows did you go to?
No concerts- P was going to take me to see Cher in Vegas... maybe in 2009!
AND I was in A SHOW!
Where do you live now?
Still at the FRAT house.
Describe your birthday?
Turned 25. All and all it was a fun night.
Did you get any tattoos or piercing?
Nope
What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008?
Remove a certain person out of my life to preserve my sanity.
What has/have been your favorite moment(s)?
Encore!, Seeing Stephen Caple, Holding my new nephew Taylor and my new Niece Trynity, Our Halloween Party, Patrick finishing RN School, Seeing Summer and her family, Closing on Our House, Working on the house with Patrick and learning how to use the table saw and nail gun, Being in the Sweet Lucy Supper Club, Attending my first Murder Mystery Party, Dinners and get togethers with the "Tommy Girls", Sunday Dinners with our friends, Uncle Mack's FOOD!, The CANOE TRIP on the COOSA!, Patrick's High School Reunion, The Girls trip to the Beach, Going to Big Kahuna's Water Park, The Limo Ride to Atlanta to see Mamma Mia! at the FOX, Thanksgiving at my Bumble-bee and Paw Paw's, being CUPID in the Christmas Parade, and going Roller Skating.
What's something you learned about yourself?
I'm not an Animal Lover- I don't hate animals...
I just don't want them in my house or on my lap.
Any new additions to your family?
Ha! We had a dog, Daisy, for four whole days- I'm not a dog person. :(
What was your best month?
This Month FOR SURE!
What music will you remember 2008 by?
I think the song of this year would have to be
Low by Flo Rida
the "Apple Bottom Jeans" Song
Who has been your best drinking buddy?
Patrick, of Course
Made new friends?
YES! Lots!
Any regrets?
Nadda One
What do you want to change in 2009?
The Siding on my House
Overall how would you rate this year? 1-10?
6.5
What would you change about 2008?
Their are many things that I would like to change... but I think those things happened for a reason and its probably best this way
Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
Work
Have any life changes in 2008?
Yes, I would say so
Change your hairstyle?
Had the JOE DIRT I got in April hacked off... its growing back out now- thank goodness!
Get a new job?
Yeah, 3 actually.
I started back working at the Golf Course for the Holidays
Miss Jill Stallworth recruited me to help her with her catering business
And I was appointed Secretary of the Board for Safe Harbor's Children's Advocacy Center
How old did you turn this year?
Twenty-Five! WOW!
Do you have a New Year's resolution for 09?
Yes!
.to start Yoga again and Continue Going.
.To be Drama Free and Stay away from those who love Chaos.
.Join the Women't Golf Club in Jan. at Cambrian Ridge.
.and play one Round of Golf at least once a month!
Did anything embarrassing?
Oh YES! Lots :)
Buy anything new from eBay?
YES! My Black and White Polka Dot Pinup Girl Swimsuit!
What was/were your favorite purchase[s]?
Refer to the Previous Question
and my house of Course!
Get married or divorced?
Neither
Get arrested?
NOPE
Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
I couldn't get into it this year
Did you get sick this year?
I don't think I did...
Start a new hobby?
Yes! Soduku
Been snowboarding?
Nope
Are you happy to see 2008 go?
Yeah- I am... I'm ready for 2009 BRING IT ON!
Drank Starbucks in 2008?
Not even ONCE!
What are you wishing for in 2009?
I wish Good Health for our family and friends
I wish for Patrick to have great success with his career
I wish for passing grades in my Math Classes
I wish for a Vacation for Patrick and I
If I discover I like the game- I wish for a Pink Golf Club Set for my Birthday
And last, but not least- I wish for the
Garden Club's
Yard of the Month Sign
in front of my house next Summer. :)
BTW- we went with Natural Hardwood Floors and they LOOK Amazing! Its incredible how much larger my rooms look with a natural wood finish.
Pictures to be posted soon.

1 comment:

Shera P said...

You are SO hilarious! Garden of the month winner! I have a bloggie too...