"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

January 2, 2009

.An Amazing Movie.

Allison and I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- it was AMAZING! I would describe this movie as The Notebook meets Big Fish. The movie was nearly three hours long!!!... and I didn't have a single moment of boredom.

Before seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button I wondered how I would react to the story of a man who is born old and gets younger as he grows up. Of all of the movies I have ever seen, this is by far the most beautiful and bizarre. The film from start to finish does not let up. There are moments of laughter and excitement followed by sorrow and understanding.

Brad Pitt stars as Benjamin, a boy born an old man who must live his life in reverse. His friend from childhood, Daisy, is played by Cate Blanchett. The story is narrated from Benjamin's point of view with some particular highlights from Daisy.

The film spans from the end of World War I to the the arrival of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. The transitions from decade to decade were seamless- and you will feel as if you are there . My suggestions before going to see this movie is to take plenty of tissue and whatever you do- don't drink anything. YOU would hate to have to get up from this movie to go to the Bathroom. This movie is definitely one you should see with "your girls"- I couldn't imagine Patrick seeing this movie and liking it. Also- you may want to take some anti depressants after you watch it... just saying.
"Did I ever tell you... I've been Struck by Lightening Seven Times!?"

No comments: