"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

January 5, 2009

.Worst Day of the Year.

Couldn't do much on the house this weekend bc Patrick worked- And I had intended on painting my bed and my "thrifted" night stands... but the weather didn't permit. So instead--- I rented some movies, ate way too many bowls of Lucky Charms, and relaxed!
This morning I woke from my sleep refreshed from my much needed lazy weekend looking forward to a great week! Got up extra early to wash and curl my hair because I had a Planning Commission meeting tonight and I like to look my best on those days. I was looking so Snazzy- as I left the house. It was storming- and Patrick took my car last night and decided not to park it under the car port. So, my lovely curls ended up looking like kinky frizz by the time I got to the office.
Work was CRAZY today- Super Busy... and the phone rang off the hook. 12 o' clock rolls around and I head to pick Patrick up for lunch. When I get to the house... of course he isn't ready- and he needs me to shave his neck! LAWD! :) So, we got a late start on lunch and just as we are getting out of the car- I grab my purse and notice that my bottle of lotion and "exploded" in there. GREAT! After lunch, I head back to the office... hair still damp, lotion overflowing in my purse, and think to myself... this day just couldn't get any worse!
WRONG!
I went down to the Clerk's office to pick up a fax and April asked to look at my new ring. I glanced at it and noticed one of the stones had fallen out! I was so upset... I marched upstairs to call Patrick. Of course, Kay's is going to replace/ repair it-
IT'S just been one of those days where nothing at all seems to go right-
Hopefully, this isn't a preview of whats to come for 2009... its only the 5th, right?

No comments: