"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

January 20, 2009

.You are a Happy Man... Really?.

I always get the worst FORTUNE COOKIES! Here are just a few of my Fortune Cookie Misfortunes:
The weather is wonderful.
You have an unusual equipment for success, use it properly.
and my Favorite:
You are a happy man. :)

On my computer at work... in case I forget what a Happy Man I truly am. My friend Rochelle and I ate at China Town for lunch today

My FC was a good one today... it read:

:) That made me feel good- especially when Rochelle agreed it was true. I guess it really isn't a "fortune cookie" because it really didn't predict anything.

Now that I think about, they RARELY ever predict the future.

But nevertheless, it made me feel good to get it.

I enjoyed lunch with Rochelle- I met Rochelle at L.B. DUB (Lurleen B. Wallace) in 2002. We ended up working together at Cracker Barrel for a few years and have remained friends.

Rochelle just got engaged! She's been dating her fiance, Stephen for 10 Years...

they are a real life Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big.

Congrats Rochelle and Stephen!

Would you believe their is an entire website devoted to weird/stupid fortune cookies. I plan to submit some of mine- Here is the link!

http://www.weirdfortunecookies.com/

(I'm adding to my blog list)

Now- I'm heading to the house to take Pics... will post tonight.

No comments: