"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

March 22, 2009

Blonde.

I caved... and had dye put on my hair after nearly 3 years of ZERO color on my locks.
I went to Bella's Salon here in Greenville- and had Kena (spelling) highlight my hair and cut it. I got some side sweep bangs and golden blonde highlights and I'm officially ready for Spring!
BTW-Kena is Wonderful and she is super nice.
Today, I woke up and got to work on the house. Laundry, Cleaning, so on and so on. I borrowed Mr. Golson's Lawn mower and cut the front and back yard. He offered to let me borrow his weed eater and after a ten minute on lesson on how to work the weed eater... those weeds didn't have a chance. I have discovered I really like Yard Work- its fun. I've never really had a yard to cut.
Growing up- if the yard needed to be cut... Dad would just let out the cows or a goat.
I had parked my car in the drive-way close to the brick wall that divides Mr. Golson's Yard from mine so that it wouldn't get damaged while I was weed eating. After I finished all my yard work, I decided I would take my car and wash it. As I was pulling out of the drive-way, I made a Sharp Right turn and rammed the passenger side of my vehicle into the brick wall. It looks pretty bad- like Freddie Kreuger got a hold of it and went to town. I cannot believe I did that!
Well, I have a date with State Farm tomorrow and I hope it goes well. I really hope they waive the deductible bc I also have homeowners insurance with them and it DID happen on my property. I'm pretty sure I'll have to pay it, and if I do... I'm just gonna ride with the Freddie Kreuger Scar for the time being.
P.S. Patrick isn't mad- just aggravated and was very nice about the whole situation.

No comments: