"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

March 1, 2009

Christy Hanson... I know. I'm a Dork.

If you happen to ask my sister Emily who was my Dream Boy from Junior High... She would tell you Taylor Hanson. And then she would tell you about the time when she was spying on me and she caught me kissing his poster. Hehehe
I was SO IN LOVE with him... Obsessed, Really. I wrote Christy Hanson on everything I owned. I would also Google Taylor and print off every image I could find- which made my dad very mad bc he was constantly having to purchase new ink cartridges.
I was MmmmBop Crazy for Him!
Well, I just found out he has started his own band, Tinted Windows. His brothers, Ike and Zac aren't joining him this time around. I haven't formed an opinion of the band yet- but I wish Taylor much success with it.
Here is a preview of their first single...
Tinted Windows- Kind of Girl
AND HERE IS...
Taylor and his Brothers singing
Penny and Me
I love this song... and anyone who really knows me knows why I love it so much. :)
"Penny and Me"
Cigars in the summertime Under the sky by the light I can feel you read my mind I can see it in your eyes Under the moon as it plays that music every line There's a rug with the bleedin dye Under the fan in the room where the passion's burnin high By the chair with the leopard skin under the light
It's always Penny and me tonight I said woah oh
On the plane step with both my feet Ridin in seat number three on a trip to NYC Got a bean in my coffee cup next to my seat Catch the view and another good book to read Sittin at home on the friendly skies missin her eyes
It's always Penny and me tonight Cuz Penny and me like to roll the windows down Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground And Penny and me like to gaze at starry skies, Close our eyes, pretend to fly It's always Penny and me tonight
A million stars out tonight but still Penny and I are alone beneath the skies If only the two of us could try to take these wings and fly Away to where the leaves turn red, Not to where I am instead Singing along to feelin alright, I said woah oh And makin it by in the pink moonlight
It's always Penny and me tonight Cuz Penny and me like to roll the windows down Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground And Penny and me like to gaze at starry skies, Close our eyes, pretend to fly It's always Penny and me tonight
Penny likes to get away, and drown her pain in lemonade Penny dreams of rainy days, and nights up late by the fireplace And aimless conversations about the better days Singin along to feelin alright And makin it by in the pink moonlight
It's always Penny and me tonight
Cuz Penny and me like to roll the windows down Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground And Penny and me like to gaze at starry skies Close our eyes, pretend to fly I said oh, oh Close our eyes, pretend to fly It's always Penny and me tonight

No comments: