"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

March 4, 2009

ahhh, the married life.

I have been on Patrick to let me get some new clothes... he finally caved in and the conversation went something like this:
P: You can go shopping this weekend- get whatever you need. C: Okay P: How much did you spend? C: Oh let me tell you how much I saved! P: Christy, cut the BS... how much did you spend. C: 420 bucks P: Christy!!!! C: Well, Patrick! That's what happens when you don't let your wife go shopping for two damn years! P: -silence-
I got to thinking about the last time I really bought any clothes- it was when I was hired with the City and that was two years ago!
I get hand me downs from lots of people, and sometime I come across a Fantastic find at the local Goodwill. Every so often... I will buy A shirt, A pair of pants, or A dress for a special occasion. In two years... I have only bought ONE new pair of shoes!
You know, Patrick doesn't realize how frugal I really am compared to most of my married friends. And let me just say, it was so invigorating to go shopping all day! I have never ever done that!
I got: 2 pairs of jeans 2 pairs of khaki pants
1 Precious Argyle Sweater... precious. 5 tops 3 skirts 4 pairs of dress shoes 2 earrings A stationary set A new straightening iron
The Lesson learned by Patrick...
let his wife buy stuff a little at a time all year long. :)

1 comment:

Kimberly. said...

Tell Patrick if he freaked because you spent that much then he would have fell over dead when I got home. You did so good buying all that stuff and only spending $420!!! Wow.....okay you are fixing to start shopping with me =)