"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

July 29, 2009

I am the Bank!

So, Chip Ellis- who I happen TO LOVE, came by City Hall Tuesday!

and... Well, I was starstruck to say the least!

For those of you who don't know... Chip was a car salesman in mainly Montgomery, AL. His commercials were hands down the BEST car dealership commercials you have ever seen. Growing up in Rutledge... we didn't have cable or satellite- so, for entertainment we would watch Chip Ellis commercials! -Sad, I know.

When it came time to buy my first real car... and as in "real" I mean, financed. I had three cars before- and I will name them all just for the hell of it.

1989 Toyota Corolla (I will have to do a Blog about this car one day soon)- 800 bucks

1990 Honda Prelude- 1,100 bucks

and the 1994 (?) Grand Am- which I inherited from my mom.

THEN, the 2000 Mercury Cougar purchased in 2002 from Chip Ellis himself. I loved that car. I drove it for 5 years and then sold it. AND the girl that has it now... is still pimpin the Chip Mobile.

I was so happy to meet him :) And the Best Part was me getting to do my impersonation OF HIM for HIM! It was surreal- lmao :)

And he was just like he is on the commercials- 100 mph!

Here he is... I am the BANK!

If your scared... get a DOG! If you need a loan... Pick up the phone!

Easy... Chip!

If you need some Dollars- then Holla!

I aint Peter Pan... and this Aint Never Land! If you want cash deals for your dream wheels- come see ME!- Cause I am the BANK!!!

I'm the REAL DEAL, Lucille!

If you believe... you shall receive- If you doubt... then you go without!

If your Scared... get a Dog. If you need a loan... Pick up the phone!...

If Yo' baby daddy took yo ride--now u aint got nuttin' to drive? Come see me, Chip Ellis cause I AM THE BANK!!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly. said...

I enjoyed reading this. You crack me up and its so wonderful to know someone as cool as you! Thanks Christy!!!

Christy said...

Thanks for stopping by, Kimberly... your pretty cool yourself! :)

I'm glad someone reads my blog. Many people read it- but its nice to get some feedback every so often!