"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

February 18, 2010

.PSA.

My very own Public Service Announcement!
Click on the link below to see an interesting and informative story on credit/debit card theft.


Patrick and I had our debit card information stolen from an employee at our local McDonald's, while in the Drive-Thru. The employee working the register called out our card number to a co-worker while she wrote it down on a napkin. (and it was ALL caught on tape) The girl who wrote down the numbers used our DC information to pay her power bill, have pizza ordered and delivered to her residence (TWICE), replenish minutes on multiple Alltel chell phones, and last but not least a $187.00 order from Brylanhomes.com. All the unauthorized debits totaled nearly 700 bucks and its been a headache to get all of our money back!

I'm definitely watching my debit card/ credit cards more carefully when I hand it over to ANYONE.

My dear friend, Elise, happens to be our local news reporter and she BEGGED me for an interview. It turned our pretty good... I'm camera shy, unless I'm singing. :)

**IN BABY NEWS**
Patrick and I met with our OB on Tuesday. Too early to hear a heartbeat or do any fun stuff, but we did meet with our doctor and checked out the Hospital. We spent the entire day in Montgomery because of other doctor appointments; back doctor, and teeth cleaning appointments.  In between doc visits, we headed to Storkland and the NameDropper, where we checked out some beautiful baby furniture. I thought I would do white furniture regardless if its a boy or a girl, but I've changed my mind. White or Cream colored furniture for a girl. For a boy Black or Cherry furniture. I didn't realize you could purchase Lifetime Cribs that turn into toddler beds and then full-size beds... yep, we're going that route.
Next appointment is March 15th, we'll hear the heartbeat then. :)

Me? I have still been very very VERY tired, and nauseated throughout the day. Hopefully, this will pass soon! The thought of greasy food and the smell of cigarette makes me want to hurl... but, on the brighter side my nails look amazing and so does my hair.

Last week, I attended a book signing for my friend Ryan Anderson. Ryan is now the author of three murder mystery books and is 14 weeks prego! Here is her website:

Ryan, also happens to be a professional bodypainter and YAH for ME, she's gonna paint my baby bump! She is amazing! Here is some of her work:
look closely... the ONLY thing this girls wearing is a guitar.
Ryan says she's never painted a Baby Bump before, so she's excited to add that to her portfolio. She's also never been painted before... so, she's gonna create a decal for her tummy and have me paint hers. I have to think of something really good, the Sky's the Limit when you have someone this artistic! Patrick suggested a Penny coin, which is ironic since he claims to hate the name Pennie so badly. We'll see... I'm open for suggestions, I want something funny!

That's all I have for you this evening. I'm heading to Mobile with Elise and Rebecca tomorrow evening for a full weekend of  Dance Competition, I could watch the girls of the Prattville Centre for Performing Arts dance all day. They are AMAZING!

1 comment:

www.rebeccajordanlittle.blogspot.co said...

I can't wait for the trip! I'll be thinking of baby bump paintings.