"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

April 28, 2010

It's Been a While...

Dear Baby,
I’m 18 weeks Preggers and really starting to show. I haven’t felt you move yet… wish you would hurry up and just kick me! My next appointment is May 10th and I’m scheduled for an ultrasound. Even though I’ve already had two ultrasounds and we didn’t see any male genitalia… I’m still too scared to start decorating your baby room and buy your furniture. When you’re older, you’ll realize that strange things happen to your mom- so, a baby girl suddenly turning into a baby boy is a total possibility when it comes to me. Trust me, STRANGER things have happened.


I saw you IN 4D! It was so cool; I could have watched you on that screen forever.
I don’t know how anyone could look at these images of a 16 week old fetus and not believe in miracles. I can’t wait to meet you!!!


In this one, I see how your chin is placed on your fist--- You’re obviously in deep thought- probably solving a math equation or reciting Shakespeare.
In this one, you crack me up! Your either doing a Cheer leading motion with your right hand or the Atlanta Braves "tomahawk chop" chant


We had fun at your Aunt Lacy and Uncle Griff’s wedding!
I took LOTS of stupid pictures with everyone touching my belly and making the Classic Maternity Hand Heart. Good Times!
We even got a picture with John Maddox and the 12 Sharp Band.




Sure hope I didn’t embarrass you too bad with my mad dancing skills. Maybe by the time you get here, I will have matured and begin to act like a “grown up”--- Nah.


I bought a baby book for you! As a first time parent, I have many goals; one of them is to fill out your baby book from beginning to end. I’ve also been working hard on my maternity book and I’m proud to say I have been consistently making journal entries about you every week since week 11. Maybe one day, you’ll care to know that at 15 weeks your dad and I went fishing at Mr. Golson’s pond and your Aunt Elise bought you some super cute shoes:
Naming You: YOUR FATHER is impossible! There should be a law that states: “Whosoever carries a child in their womb for 9 month, shall name the child.” Your dad thinks we should name you… Amy!? Don’t worry- I’m staying strong!


Halloween Costume: I know you’ll only be a month old, but- I have it all planned out. No worries I’m not doing the usual 1st Halloween pumpkin costume. It’s a surprise and I’ve already started to make it!


Here’s a hint:
I’m popping TUMS like their M&M’s. They say if you have indigestion, your baby will have lots of hair. Well, I think you’ll be entering this world with dreadlocks! I have never in my LIFE had to take Tums or anything for heartburn or indigestion. AND- if I had a nickel for every time I belched… I’d have you a very good college fund started.


I’m still wearing my pre-pregnancy pants but, I’m going to buy a belly band this weekend to go over them so I can wear them unbuttoned. Then, when that no longer works… I’m off to get some of those ugly maternity pants and shorts! I’ve done really well on my weight (not that I was trying). I weighed the same for my first two appointments and for my last appointment, I lost a little bit. Doc says everything  its cool because I wasn't a "twig to begin with". Ha! and says it's fine and perfectly normal to not gain anything and lose weight during your first trimester.


So, it says on my handy dandy pregnancy widget that you’re the size of a sweet potato.
Well, I love sweet potatoes and I love you!

1 comment:

emily said...

love the HAIR BOW!!! she'll be super cute!!:)