"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

May 5, 2010

Tim James has Our Votes!

Check out his commercial that's getting national media attention and has ruffled some feathers:

Tim's father, the former Governor of Alabama Fob James, was my neighbor. Mr. Fob and his wife retired to Ivy Creek, AL and built a house adjacent to my parents property. When I worked briefly as a dental assistant in town, Mr. Tim was one of our patients and I was surprised how personable and friendly he was. I  planned to vote for Mr. Tim before this commercial hit the airwaves... BUT- now, I think I'll even put his sign in my yard! :)

This commercial was a BOLD statement and I think many Alabamians and Alabama politicians share his sentiment- but, only HE had the GUTS to stand for what he believed to be right and what's just plain Ol' Common Sense!
I found out the State of Alabama issues the Drivers Exam in 12 different languages including: Arabic, Chinese,English, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Vietnamese. Now, if you're going to issue a drivers test in 12 different languages- don't you think every road, construction, and street sign should also be in the 12 languages the drivers examination is provided in? If you ask me, this allows a bunch of people the ability to pass the drivers exam but can't read simple traffic signs when actually driving.

This is America, We Speak English, if you want to DRIVE here... learn it.
We're behind you Tim James!

No comments: