"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

June 8, 2010

Baby Update

Saw my Baby Doctor yesterday and he went over the results of our ultrasound. According to the ultrasound TBA (to be announced) is a tad bit above average in size and they have me at 25 weeks and due September 25th instead of October 2nd. Doc says this means one of two things:

1. I'm a tad bit further along than he predicted initially
OR
2. TBA is larger in size because her parents are "of large statue"

SO... since I don't feel like changing my pregnancy counter widget- and have been making journal entries every week in accordance with the October 2nd due date- that's what I'm sticking with. I TRIED telling my doc at my very first appointment that my due date should be around the 24th of September... but he wouldn't listen. I do think she'll come around the end of September- if she comes after September 17th, P and I will have been married 5 years. : ) She's gonna be a GREAT Anniversary present.

I have gained another whopping 6 lbs- so that puts me at a grand total of 12 lbs gained since my first appointment. My belly measures a tad above average and my weight gain is excellent so far. All blood work came back normal and at my next appointment I'll have more blood work done and I'll have to take the dreaded sugar test (yuk). Other than TERRIBLE indigestion and the sickness I experienced in my first trimester... this pregnancy has been pretty pleasant so far. P and I attended a wedding Saturday and I sported three inch heels... so, that says something.

She is moving around so much. Patrick and I can actually see her move and if I place a piece of paper or my phone on my stomach while lying down, she karate chops it.

I have all of her baby bedding fabric swatches and now its time to make decisions and get them mailed off to my seamstress. Time is flying by and I have SO much to get done!

TBA still doesn't have a name... but, we're discussing names more often.
For a while there- we couldn't even discuss names without fighting. Ever since Patrick and I started dating I have been concerned with us picking out a baby name. You see, Patrick is very strong willed and likes to have input in EVERYTHING, even the stuff that doesn't really even matter to him... he always has to have a say-so.  Its hard picking out a name with the same man that went behind my back and changed his grooms cake from Chocolate to White (even though he doesn't even like cake, and didn't even have a piece of either cake at our reception.) So, we had two vanilla cakes (TACKY)- I'm still not bitter, am I?

I am aware this is his child too AND HE SHOULD have a say so- but so far, I have hated his "say so's" and he's hated mine. The dilemma we're facing is that Patrick likes newer trendy names (not that anything is wrong with that) and I like older classic names (not that anything is wrong with that either). It just makes it SO hard to come to an agreement on a name. I love a cutesy trendy name just as much as the next person... but, one day our cutesy trendy name child will be a 30 year old woman in the workforce and the name we choose needs to fit her through adulthood. grrrrrrrr...
My hope is that we can come to a decision soon. AND yes, I do hope Patrick reads this! :)

No comments: