"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

June 30, 2010

ECLIPSE PARTAAAY!


So, last night I threw an Eclipse Party at our house. This years wasn't as extravagant as last years party and I didn't do near as many detailed decorations. Partly because I've had company for two weeks straight and I've been SO focused on finishing up Camille's nursery AND I'm officially in my third trimester and pretty much running on fumes.

Jennifer, Me, and Liz
Spinning Kayla around before her BIG win
Last year we played a word scramble game and this year we played Pin the Six Pack on Jacob (a game I invented myself)! The winner was Kayla and the prize was the Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods lotion, hand cream, and antibacterial hand sanitizer.

The Party Game! haha
Because they don't have a Maternity line of Twilight shirts (go figure) I had to make my own shirt to REPRESENT at the Midnight showing. I was going to paint an Eclipse on a shirt- but, I was afraid it would turn out badly. My friend Kay suggested I make a shirt that has the name Reneseme across my bump... but, I was afraid someone would actually think I was naming my child that! Then, my Sister-In-Law Allison suggested I take my Team Edward stance to a whole 'nother lever and make a shirt that says: Edward's Baby Momma
Being the total nut that I am, I knew I could pull it off- so, I made it and wore it proudly.

Jill, Me, and Kay
Shera and I showing off our baby girls:
Parker and Camille
I got TONS of laughs and stares at the Movie Theatre! AND of course people wanted to have their picture made with Edwards Baby Momma. The movie theatre was PACKED! They ended up showing Eclipse in 5 cinema rooms and all five were full...that's a big deal for our tiny town.

My only complaint in the movie was Bella's hair. They should have gotten that girl a better wig or splurged on some hair extensions. She wasn't NEARLY as annoying as in the first two and I think her acting skills have improved even since New Moon.

I'm still partial to Edward
BUT...
It REALLY should be illegal for Taylor Lautner to look THAT good THAT young.
You should have heard all the cougars in our theatre... it was hilarious.

We had a fun time- I even made it an entire day at work. I suppose I'm used to not getting much sleep due to Camille's karate moves and the unavoidable and MANY pee trips to the bathroom.

*********************************************

MY seamstress mailed my bedding this morning and everything should arrive by Monday.

I'm currently reading this book:

Belly Laughs Pictures, Images and Photos

Belly Laughs is crackin' me up. It's everything about pregnancy all those "mother earth" moms don't tell you about! I still feel pretty good... I can honestly say up until this point it hasn't been that bad. BUT- now, I can tell that my entire body is beginning to morph into something else and each time I look in the mirror I notice a new change.

I can't imagine my stomach getting much bigger but I know it will. I feel very front heavy and walking down stairs is starting to make me nervous. My lower back is starting to give me fits and I wake up with crazy leg cramps at night. I will cry at the drop of a hat and snap at Patrick over any little thing. AND- I seriously can't wait until I can begin taking deep long breaths again.

I saw my side reflection today in a doorway and thought, "I look and feel SO pregnant".

This is where I'm at and all I can say is Bring IT On!
Grow stomach, Grow!... and make as much room as my little girl needs to thrive.
I'll worry about being vain once she's in my arms.

But...
Dear Nose,
YOU can stop growing any day now- and please go back down quickly!
Thanks, Christy

1 comment:

Amanda Wissmann said...

IM SO JEALOUS and SO PROUD at the same time! Your party looks SO FUN! and what a fabulous game! GO YOU!

ADORE the shirt :) You're too funny!

and I LOVE Twilight Woods from Bath&Body...even aside from twilight!