"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

July 11, 2010

In Baby News & Savannah, GA Trip

Camille and I are wonderful.

We went for our monthly check-up last Tuesday and did a blood sugar test. I was worried because I thought I would have to drink that nasty stuff everyone had been telling me about- But, all I had was blood work done. My doctor doesn't make you drink that dreaded stuff unless you are at an unhealthy weight... and since I'm not--- I just had blood work done. (YAH!) I received a call Thursday morning informing me that my blood work was normal and to keep up the good work.

I have gained 10 lbs since my last appointment (YIKES) which puts me at a Grand Total of 21 lbs. I'm afraid much of the weight gain was due to eating two HUGE watermelons almost entirely by myself over the Fourth of July weekend. When I informed my doctor of my watermelon FEAST he scolded me and made me feel SO ashamed. I sincerely thought cramming my face with unlimited watermelon was certainly better than cramming my face with unlimited donuts! But- sugar is sugar and I've been eating too much of it!

Throughout my pregnancy I have craved mostly raw fruits and vegetables- which is odd because, pre-pregnancy I ate tons of bread products and greasy fast food! I can certainly tell that my appetite is increasing and my metabolism has decreased dramatically.

In my first trimester I couldn't keep anything down and I slept ALL the time to avoid nausea.

In my second trimester, I felt wonderful! I had a healthy appetite and I felt like I could seriously run a marathon. I jumped in a pool every chance I got, I went to the gym, and I walked around my neighborhood with three pound weights in each hand. I was the freakin' pregnant Energizer Bunny!

NOW
Sliding into my third trimester, all I want to do is stuff my face while sitting on my couch watching a Baby Story on TLC. The good news is... I'm self aware of this change and I HAVE got to start being more active and pay attention to what I put in my mouth. My baby sister suffered with gestational diabetes during her pregnancy and since my mother and grandmother are both diabetics- I must be extra careful. Wednesday night, Patrick suggested we go for a late night swim with our friends. Patrick HATES to swim... but, I think it was his way of getting me up and moving. : ) I've done so well and I've made up my mind that I am not about to let myself get lazy in the home stretch!

**************************************
Camille's bedding came in this week- and I COULDN'T be more pleased. My girl, GWENNY, made it for me and it turned out more beautiful than I imagined. Gwenny is this super sweet chick I found on Etsy.com.  She made curtains for my entire house over a year ago and we've become online buddies. I HIGHLY recommend her to everyone. Just, not right now... she is about to have her a baby girl very soon too!

I mailed the left over material Thursday to LAURA (another chick I found on Etsy.com) in Knoxville, TN- so, she can get started on Camille's bird mobile.

This week, I plan to paint Camille's curtain rods, hang her curtains, and finish painting my laundry room.
  I am also having a 4D ultrasound done at a place called Images of Life. At Images of Life, all they do is ultrasounds and they encourage you to bring lots of family members along. I can't wait to see Camille on the Big Screen--- Que The Tears!

Oh, and check out my pregnancy Bling Bling! My Engagement Ring and Wedding Band no longer fit, so... I purchased this 10 kt. Princess Cut Canary Diamond encrusted in 2 kt's of White Diamonds to wear just until my fingers are no longer swollen. I just couldn't resist it!
Kohl's was having a 50% off sale and I got it for a steal---
ONLY $12.50!

You wouldn't believe the compliments I've been getting on this baby... I just say, "Thank you" and Smile.

***********************************
We have just arrived home from a Spare of the Moment trip to Savannah, GA. My Sister-In-Law Allison and her family recently moved there. We left Thursday night and have been on the GO ever since.

We enjoyed Downtown Savannah Friday and spent all day Saturday at the beach. Saturday night, P-Daddy took Camille and I on a date. We went to the MOST amazing restaurant called The Mansion of Forsyth at 700 Drayton. I HIGHLY recommend the place--- my taste buds have NEVER been so intrigued.
I had (by myself)

The Fried Green Tomato Appetizer (unbelievable)
8 oz. Fillet Minot
Crispy Sweet Potato's
Steamed Asparagus
and Blackberry Creme Brule'

This place was NO JOKE. On their drink menu, they had a shot of Cognac that was $590.00 bucks for a 2 oz. shot! I asked our waiter, Troy, how many people actually order that? and he said, "You'd be surprised!" I don't care how much money I had or how good it tasted- NEVER in my life would I pay that much for a 2 oz. shot of liquor. (It was called Hennessy Ellipse and a 750 ml bottle retails for 4,000.00!)
I would have taken a picture of every single course... but, Patrick made me stop. I seriously felt like a Pregnant Julia Roberts starring in Pretty Woman. Ha!Our poor waiter probably thought..."Damn, why did the hostess have to sit this country hick couple in my section!?"  Of course, we tipped him extra nicely just to prove a point and that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
If you get the chance to eat at this place- YOU MUST go to the bathroom. A vanity with face powder samples, perfume, and toiletries are free for your use. Also, paper towels to dry off your hands... No no no, they had individual REAL hand towels rolled up for you to use. I went to the bathroom twice ("just because" the second time).

We were going to end the evening with a Horse Carriage ride throughout downtown but, that was ruined by rain.(sad) Also, you shouldn't sport three inch heels in downtown Savannah...with those cobblestone streets... you're asking for it!

Here's Me, P, and Camille posing before our Night on the Town:

We didn't have time to go to the River Walk or Paula Dean's Restaurant. I so badly wanted to go to Paula Dean's but no one else wanted too. :( Thankfully, we have close family there now--- and I know I will visit every chance I get... so, Lady and Sons (Paula Dean's) Restaurant and a Carriage Ride will be on TOP of my list next visit.

11 weeks- and she'll be here. Patrick and I talked a lot on the way home (7 hr drive) about baby girl.
We are so excited and anxiously waiting for her arrival... I JUST know our home will be full of laughter and joy for many MANY years to come.

1 comment:

Rupinder said...

I love it. I think this new baby bedding set by Nina Selby Cotton Tale Designs is just adorable and fun at the same time. This new collection is called Peggy Sue.

baby gifts