"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

July 18, 2010

this weekend

Saturday, I was measured for my bridesmaid dress for the August 7th Beach Wedding. 3 weeks until wedding and I sure hope it fits! The dress is really pretty, a teal green color and I think it will look nice even on a 8 months prego chick. My friend, Lacy Jo, accompanied me to Montgomery to find a maternity dress for me to wear in my maternity pictures scheduled for August 1st. Shopping for the perfect dress was a lost cause- there are no maternity shops in Montgomery except for Motherhood (and their dresses are... blah). I ended up purchasing a dress online from the UK! haha. Fingers crossed it fits and looks good on me... I'm worried it may be too short. We ended the night with all of us going to the movies to watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice starring Nicholas Cage (Patrick's Pic)... the movie stunk and I ended up leaving half way through because of my aching back and leg cramps!


I have been waking up in the middle of the night with TERRIBLE charlie horses/ leg cramps. I did a few google searches and found that leg cramps are VERY common during pregnancy. It is not known the exact reason as to why leg cramps occur in pregnancy. It is suspected that the expanding uterus may put pressure on the nerves and blood vessels in the leg subsequently causing leg cramps and pain. I also found that eating bananas, yogurt, and leafy greens can alleviate leg cramps and the pain associated with them. So, guess what I bought at Wal-Mart this evening!?


Patrick invited me over for a 3 course meal this evening at the Fire Department. Had I known, it was going to be so "extravagant" I would have taken pictures. He tried to mimic our dinner that we had in Savannah last week. We had a wedge salad complete with pecans and blue-cheese dressing. He grilled Honey Glazed chicken and for desert he scooped ice-cream into a waffle bowl sprinkled with fruit, pecans, and caramel syrup. He even zig-zagged the caramel on the plate like they do in those fanzy-schmanzy restaurants. He was so funny waiting on Dale (his co-worker) and I like he was a 5 Star Chef. Sometimes he can be unbelievably precious :)

I didn't finish the nursery this weekend- I decided to be super lazy today since this is my first weekend home and without company in forever. Tomorrow, we go to Montgomery for our 4D ultrasound! I can't wait to see Camille... although, I am a tad nervous because some 4D ultrasounds I've seen make your baby look "creepy" and I've already had two nightmares where I gave birth to a furry gremlin... so, I hope this ultrasound doesn't trigger anymore bizarre dreams.

No comments: