"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

July 29, 2010

Todd Parr

My FAVORITE Children's Books ARE
anything written and illustrated by Todd Parr

I'm starting Camille her very own collection of these books and just purchased her first one:
Its Okay to Be Different
by Todd Parr

Todd Parr Pictures, Images and Photos

I love this particular book because on one page it reads:
Its Okay to wear Glasses

For those of you who didn't know me as a child, I wore huge coke bottle glasses and a pirate's patch on my right eye from the age of 2 till 11. I hated wearing glasses!

Along with its okay to wear glasses...
its also okay to have big ears
its okay to be embarrassed (picture illustration of a girl with toilet paper stuck to her shoe)
its okay to be adopted (a picture illustration of a Kangaroo with a puppy in her pouch)
its even okay to eat Macaroni and Cheese in the Bathtub!
**************************************************
In December of 2008, I blogged about The Value Tales series...
I've gotten the series out of the attic, I've dusted them off, and their ready to go on the bookshelf. :)

No comments: