"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

August 10, 2010

45 Days...

45 days- like A month AND A half!!!
I cannot believe in such a short amount of time... we're going to be PARENTS!

This pregnancy has seriously flown by! Seems like only yesterday... I was peeing on a stick, scared as hell, texting a picture of that pink plus sign to Patrick, then starring at myself in the mirror is disbelief... thinking, "My life, as I know it,
IS. OFFICIALLY. AND. COMPLETLEY. OVER!"

"Selfish Christy" will soon become "Selfless Christy"
AND, you know what?... I welcome the change!
*********************************************************

P and I were in our friends, Jason and Stephanie's, beach wedding this weekend.  My dress fit and I didn't pass out on the sand (these were my two main concerns) so, I would say Wedding Number 2 for the year was a success. I was SO HAPPY to see our beautiful Gulf beaches untainted by the oil spill, I know this was a major concern for the bride. All and all- It was a fun weekend and it was a nice get-away for Patrick and I. 

My next appointment is Wednesday, then I go back in two weeks followed by weekly appointments. The sweet lady that did my maternity pictures is on board for a hospital session- but, its hard to plan because I don't plan on being induced unless their is a medical reason. In other words, I have no idea when I'm popping out this kid. People may think I'm crazy--- But, I'm liking the idea of the element of surprise (I may retract this statement later) But, I really want the labor to start naturally--- which is kind of against the norm in rural AL because the hospital ride is a good 45 minutes with ZERO traffic. What can I say... I want the drama!!! If my water could break in let's say... Wal-Mart ... and an ambulance/ fire department needs to be called (Hopefully P would be on duty) then, we'd RUSH to Montgomery going 90 mph with our hazard lights on... and I'm screaming at Patrick the entire way there... THEN I dash into the hospital acting a total FOOL and SCREAM like a rabid woman, "I'm having a BABY!!!! Page THE DOCTOR!!! AHHHHH!!!" and then I pass out and some stranger has to break my fall (because P is parking the car).

Yeah... that would pretty much be PERFECT! :)
 I want the experience---like the movies! 

What can I say?! I'm super theatrical and you have to admit... it would make for a good story and ONE hell of a blog post!
(yes I know, I'll probably be retracting all of these statements and scenarios later)

I'm excited and scared... but more excited! I like to think I'm one tuff cookie... I guess we'll soon find out! I told P this evening that I'm going to go ahead and have our bags packed, in the car, and ready to go this week. Better safe than sorry. I don't know what to pack- any of my "already mommy" friends have any suggestions? Surely, there is some kind of checklist I can google.

I will I WILL finish up the nursery this weekend! I'm almost done with her wall mural... took me forever. I showed the picture to my brother and he pointed out that he could see a face in it. I see it too... and it creepily stares back at me... Do you see it? I'm gonna make some adjustments, add some more polka dots or something- - - to do away with creepy stalker tree face. That's all I need is baby girl waking up in the middle of the night scared and screaming, because a tree (her momma so thoughtfully painted) is starring her down!

I still have to add another color and hang some funky picture frames by ribbon from the "limbs".

Alright its 2:23 am and I'm gonna try and go back to sleep.

Dear Camille,
Lay off the kicking of my rib cage already, okay?

No comments: