"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

August 17, 2010

Ah Snap!

I held out and held out... and FINALLY found a rocker/glider chair on Craigslist for 50 bucks! I called the guy that had it listed and after he assured he WAS NOT the next Craigslist killa, we made arrangements for me to pick it up tomorrow evening. Yippee!!!
I'm super stoked because the chair retails for 439.00 brand new! --- :)

On a separate note... Just thought this was cute.

Patrick and I were watching T.V. last night and out of nowhere he paused his favorite show, Pawn Stars, and says, "Hey, we aren't going to be giving her (Camille) cokes and junk like that... are we?"

I Laughed Out Loud.

1. Because it was a completely random question
2. Because I thought it was cute that he was sitting there thinking about her
and 3. because he hasn't asked me anything concerning discipline, nutrition, what pediatrician I plan to use... nothing.

I've thought all along, "Man, Patrick must really think I GOT THIS- and he must notice how seriously I am taking everything to not be concerned one bit with my parenting abilities."

yeah... not so much

I suspect there will be more questions in the future... but the main concern at the moment is if I plan to put carbonated drinks in her bottle?! And my answer: No! But, I won't deprive her of an occasional carbonated beverage once she reaches the appropriate age...NOW I need to GOOGLE and see what that age is. :)

At what age do you think its appropriate for a child to have a soft drink?

No comments: