"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

August 17, 2010

"Isn't She Lovely?"

So, last week I was in my car cruising along listening to the radio (giving my Lady GaGa CD a break). WHEN, on came the song "Isn't she Lovely?" by Stevie Wonder

Okay- I know I've heard this song at least a MILLION times in my lifetime... but, I have never really listened to the lyrics.  I'm that person that knows the chorus of every song ever recorded and make up my own lyrics for the rest of it.  (Unless, of course, its a CHER, LGG, or an NKOTB song)

Well back to the point---  I always assumed Stevie was talking about his girlfriend or a love interest. I was dead wrong! The song is about his daughter, Aisha and he's giving "props" to his wife, Londie.
Here are the lyrics:


Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old

I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed

I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely

Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name

Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love
***********************************

Is this common knowledge? ...or am I just a moron to not know this?

Back to the story
The song came on the radio and crocodile tears rolled down my face! I'm a BALL of emotions anyways, (ask Patrick) and this song sent me clear over the EDGE! I thought about my baby girl and how happy I'm going to be to finally hold her and then I took it to a whole notha' level and began to feel so SORRY for Stevie because he couldn't even see his baby girl! Then I thought about what a good husband Stevie is to acknowledge what his wife has gone through to have his child....
Anyways, long story short...
I got so choked up that I almost pulled over to compose myself. I got myself together, and now I'm a Stevie Wonder die hard fan. I've since downloaded his CD's to my I-Pod and have been "Wonderin" non-stop.

No comments: