"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

August 25, 2010

where to start...

30 DAYS to GO!

Today was NOT a good day.

I've been wearing compression socks in the evenings and at night because my legs and feet swell to size Ginormous! I woke up this morning... took off my socks and actually had ankles! So, I started off the day Chipper and Happy. I left work early for my doctor's appointment and pulled into McDonald's Drive-Thru to grab a bite to eat on my way to my doctor's appointment. I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot behind another vehicle.The car in front of me pulled to the far drive-thru lane but stopped suddenly, leaving me with no room to move into the inner drive-thru lane. Then the driver began to back up... I didn't have time to throw my car in reverse and I wasn't sure if the driver could see that I was right behind him... SO, I did two quick little "beep beep's" with my horn, to alert the driver that someone I was behind him.

WELL- the MAN Jerk...
Got out of his car and walked towards my vehicle, stopping just short of his trunk, and began to Go Postal on ME! He cussed, hollered, slap showed-out!!! Pre-Pregnancy, I probably would have just frozen and gave a blank stare. BUT, I'm hormonal and I opened up my car door and said, (in my meanest voice ever) "I didn't know if you saw me... Sir!" lame. lame. lame. I know. 
I can't believe that's all I said to him. In retrospect, I should have gotten out of my vehicle and marched up to him and put my big pregnant belly up to his BIG beer belly and told him what a total MORON he is and then I would have taken my Fred Flintstone foot and kicked him in the you know what!

He then got back in his car and pulled up to the drive-thru and calmly placed his order. I WAS in SHOCK! I mean complete and total shock! WHO acts like that!?!?!?
I didn't realize how bad the guy scared/ upset me until I felt my heart racing 90 miles to nothing. I got so upset that I began to cry... THE ugly cry. After wishing for THAT MAN to choke on his Big Mac, I left and went to my house to calm down before heading to my appointment... because I was in NO condition to drive.

No point to this. Just wanted to share that somewhere... there is lunatic man.... driving a silver car.... with the AL license plate number ANJ???????? AND whatever you do... don't honk your horn at him, please!

(the reason he backed up was because the rive-thru lane he was pulling into was barricaded off & I wasn't aware of this, I suppose that's why he got so upset)

*****************************
In baby news.
Everything is GREAT!
Blood Pressure was 120/ 70, Camille has a wonderful happy heartbeat, and she's growing like a weed!

I am retaining a lot of fluid. Doc says as long as my blood pressure is normal, I need not worry. Seriously, I have elephant legs and huge ankles... I pray they go back to their normal size. :) I started having Braxton Hicks contractions this weekend. They are very sporadic, so Doc isn't worried. He says he sees no indication that I will be going into labor anytime before September 25th. So, we're right on track! 30 days... its so close, I CAN'T wait!

I had my Baby Shower last weekend... and I'm working on that blogpost- so, stay tuned!

1 comment:

April said...

I held TONS of fluid in both of my pregnancies. Even held on to some of it for about a month after. It does go away..eventually. Glad to hear it's going well!