"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

August 27, 2010

Baby Shower!

First off, let me say I HAVE the best friends in the entire world!

Now, with that said... let me tell you about my broadway themed baby shower.

I had 4 different friends/ groups offer to throw me baby showers! SO, instead of having 4 different showers, 4 different days, 4 different invites, 4 different guest lists... my friends got together and threw me ONE big shower. I couldn't have imagined it being any more perfect!

It was so nice to see everyone (although, I didn't get to visit too much). As I opened each and every gift and read each and every card... I fought back tears. I was hoping I conveyed how appreciative and thankful I was (because I wasn't feeling very well) and when I saw the pictures, you could see pure JOY was all over my face.

I don't think I have ever felt more loved!



I have a small shower this weekend with my family in Montgomery- and I'am so looking forward to seeing all of my Aunts and Cousins! At my last family shower (the one they threw me when I got married) this happend to me:


I had an allergic reaction to shrimp and ended up being rushed to the ER.

So, we're all joking that my water will probably break at this shower! Its okay if it does... bags are packed and in the vehicle... I'm ready when ever you are, Camille!

No comments: