"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 15, 2010

The Planets have ALIGNED!

Its 11:30 at night- and I can't sleep... so, guess what? I'm gonna blog!
before you read any further- be aware... I'm being super dramatic with this post.

So, Sunday night our friends came over for some Spaghetti and to watch the MTV Video Music Awards... its kind of a tradition.

I always look forward to the THIS particular award show. I remember being in 3rd grade watching as Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley gave one another a gross/awkward sloppy kiss. And it will be forever etched in my memory when I was in 11th grade when Madonna kissed Britney... then Christina Aguilera. Then, At the 2007(?) VMA's, Britney was going to make her "comeback" and I was glued to the TV and felt terrible for her as she did her PITIFUL "Gimme More" performance.  AND how could we forget the Kanye and Taylor Swift incident from the 2009 VMA's?!?! 
I'm obsessed with Pop culture, its one of the things my husband dislikes about me.

WELL, this year- I have to say was my favorite of all the VMA's! Was it the Taylor Swift performance, forgiving Kanye? Uh no. Was it Kanye's performance, when he mockingly ridiculed his bad behavior for last year? Uh no. Was it the outrageous performance by Florence and the Machines (I heart her)... uh no. Was it Chelsea Handler (she did a fabulous job as the host, by the way) chillen' in the Hot Tub with the cast of Jersey Shore... Uh NO!

This was the moment that took my breath away....
Cher, my IDOL, made a surprise appearance- decked out in the black Bob Mackey ensemble resembling the one she wore from the If I Could Turn Back Time Battleship video!!! (By the way, I dressed like her for Halloween 2 years ago in a MUCH MORE modest version of that ensemble) 

When she walked on that stage... I shrieked! I couldn't believe it!!! She was there to present the award for Video of the Year. I knew my girl, Lady GaGa, would win it... and I began to realize that MY two all-time Favorite performance artists; CHER and LGG were about to be standing side by side on the same stage- and I was witnessing this live!
The Planets and Stars Aligned!
The World was at Peace!
Time stood Still!

My friends didn't find this event in history to be nearly as exciting as I did...

CHER looked amazing- She's like 100 freakin' years old and can still wear the skimpiest of clothing. I have wanted to badly to be able to go and see her in Vegas... but, NONE of my friends share my fascination with her and I can't very well go by myself. :( WELL, she announced a few months back that she will be doing ANOTHER final farewell tour. I told Patrick that if she comes to Alabama or any other adjoining state, I WILL be there- if I have to go all by myself! 

And as for Lady Gaga... I don't get the outfit made of meat either. That was really bizarre. She's a NUT CASE, but I still love her!

***In Baby Camille News***
Due date is 10 days away!!! Yikes!!!

P and I go to the doctor tomorrow morning! I feel like I could POP at any minute! I can't explain how exciting it is to know she could come at any time... I know tomorrow Doc will give me the option to be induced.  TO ME, it's more stressful to think... "OMG, tomorrow at 6 am they will break my water and take the baby out!" I would be a nervous WRECK the night before and that morning! I do SO much better under pressure.
I'm going to stay strong and resist the offer...
EVEN THOUGH my feet look like this:

haha!

"Nesting", which by the way is a VERY real thing that I thought was BS until I experienced it, is very difficult to do when you have hooves for feet! My momma came over and helped me NEST Saturday and my house is SPOTLESS and so ready for Lil' Mil's arrival. Thank you, Mom. 
Bags are packed and ready!


THE VERY last of my Thank You cards were mailed out this morning! WHEW!!!
One thing I made was a notebook to keep a record of the TY cards I've sent. I took this to all of my showers:

and I'm glad I did! The sheets they provide you with in baby books to keep track of all your gifts are too small and never have enough space.
I made these sheets on Microsoft Word. A place for the Name, Gift(s) Given, and a Check Box to mark when a TY card was sent kept me very organized and ensured I didn't forget anyone!

Also-
Thanks to my friend, SHERA, who called Camille, "Cami Chameleon"
THIS song has been stuck in my head ever since

Boy George/ Culture Club Straight from the 80's
Karma Chameleon

THANKS alot, SHERA!

No comments: