"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 3, 2010

Yesterday was a good day...

Here is a happy post that will cancel out the post I did last Wednesday about the McDonald's JERK.

Mr. B (I'm calling him Mr. B to protect his privacy) is a land developer who I've assisted many times over the last three years in developing and subdividing his property. He suffered a heart attack about a year or so ago, and just hasn't been the same.  I sent him a card wishing him well after I heard the news, and I was happy to see him doing better months later when he came by my office. I've always gone the Extra Mile to help him, because he's always been so nice and appreciative of all of my efforts.

Yesterday, I was in my office getting everything cleaned, organized, and put away in preparation for my maternity leave.  Well, "Mr. B" came in and handed me a beautifully wrapped present that he said was for Camille. I wasn't expecting a gift from him AT ALL and I'm sure he could see it on my face. I unwrapped the gift... It was was a precious onesie and bib set that were decorated with Tiny Baby Feet and the verse Psalm 139:14 "I Am Wonderfully Made". I was so thankful for the gift that I gave him a great big hug.

Wait... that's not all....

THEN- he reached into his pocket and pulled out a protective clear pouch that contained a large silver coin and handed it to me.  He explained that his father gave him 50 silver dollars when he turned 12 and that over the years he's given the coins away to his children, grandchildren, and to special people God has placed in his life. He explained this particular silver dollar is a Peace Dollar and he went on to tell me what the symbols on the coin meant and how many were made. He pointed out that the coin was minted in 1928 and that when Camille turns 18, the coin will be 100 years old. Then he added, that when Camille turns 18 he will be 80 years old and that he expects a call from Camille Elizabeth on her 18th Birthday.

MY EYES filled with tears. What a thoughtful and sweet gift for my little Camille!

Trust me, Mr. B, you will definitely be hearing from Camille on her 18th. And the next time, I encounter someone who is unkind and rude... I'll try to think of you and smile. Because, good and wonderful people do exist in this world and YOU'RE absolute proof of that.

I'll find the perfect picture frame this weekend to place the coin on her wall.

continuing on with my day...
Later on the evening evening, I hosted a small Mary Kay party at my house. My friend, Melissa, is starting to sell MK and I promised I would host a party weeks ago. I knew I wouldn't want to do it after Baby Girl arrives, so I got on the ball and threw one together. As Melissa came and set up all of her LOOT on the kitchen table, my other friend Kay came in the house with a foot spa in tow. I was instructed to put on something comfortable and sit down so Melissa could give me a pedicure. My girls know how bad my feet have been hurting me and how I can't even think about bending over to paint those sausage link toes of mine!

I am blessed to have THE best friends in the world!

********************************************
I'm STOKED!!!!
because, I've ordered all of the big items for the baby. (Thanks to all the Target Gift Cards!)
Her Chicco carseat and stroller, Puj Tub, and Mamaroo are on their way.

The two COOL BEANS items are the PUJ tub and the Mammaroo:





*****************************
-for all of my pregger friends-
I found an AWESOME checklist of what to bring to the hospital:

http://www.thecradle.com/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=4&name=DLFE-23.pdf

it covers everything... things you wouldn't think of, especially if this is your first child.

I thought I had my bags packed, until I read the list! I've since taken them out of the car and added quite a few more things.  The suitcases have been on the couch and open, so Patrick decided to plunder in them. He called me at work laughing hysterically and asks, "What do you think she's gonna do with a giraffe rattle toy?" It made me so mad! I'm not an idiot... I know she won't play with it. BUT, when she's in the hospital nursery she will "need" them. I don't want strangers peering though the glass looking at my poor child whose parents didn't bring anything to place in those awful, sterile, clear plastic bins they call hospital bassinets! Husbands- they just DON'T get it!

Sounds a tad bit overboard... But, I read in BABY magazine that you should take things such as a blankie or plush small toys for your child to have in the hospital nursery. They also suggested that you sleep with those items, so that they inherit your scent. So, I did just that... I mean, why not?

********************************************
I am putting THE LAST final touches on the nursery during this much needed three day weekend. I covered the glider chair pillows Wednesday night! YAH me! I'm getting pretty good at using my sewing machine. I still have to finish the tree mural and remove that creepy face. The bird mobile is hung, and so is all of the wall art and empty picture frames. My brother and SIL gave me a changing table. I was going to use the dresser---but I quickly discovered I needed space for diapers, wipes, lotions... all that jazz.

Awwww, the sweetest mobile... ever.

My awesome Craigslist find- a 50 dolla Glider Chair with ottoman
(gotsta' finish the ottoman)
these are the prints I won from Supa Blogga Supreme Mama's Site! :)

Ol' Timey Picture Frame- Goodwill
Dream Find: Wal-Mart... can you believe it?

The hard part is getting everything washed, organized, folded, and put away! You remember those handy closet dividers I made in my first trimester?... well, Camille's 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 months clothing takes up the ENTIRE closet- so, that was a pointless project! you live you learn. I've had so MANY beautiful hand-me-down clothing given to me and I've had to sort through it all and divide into bins and place in the attic.

One of my Besties, Lacy Jo, is expecting TWINS!!! AND- I'm so hoping one of those babies is a SHE so she can get all of Camille's hand me downs!

Everyone have a SAFE and Happy Labor Day weekend!  I plan on trying to relax as much as possible and finish writing all of my Thank You cards.

No comments: