"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

December 7, 2010

Two Months Old!



Camille is a lil' monster... she is getting SO big! She quickly outgrew her 0-3 month clothing and is thriving beyond belief. She "coos", "goos" and smiles constantly. She is content as can be just laying on her boppy pillow and staring at our living room ceiling fan. She's happiest in the morning and I love waking up to her HUGE smiles, happy hand motions, and kickin' legs. In the evening time she gets a tad bit colicky- so from about 9 to 11... she tends to be gassy and irritable. Once she does fall asleep (around 11:00)- she sleeps till 6! (I KNOW, we are very lucky).


I returned to work full-time last week and it was hard the first day, but it did get better every day after. I feel extremely lucky to have someone come and keep her in our home. The BABYSITTING GOD'S smiled down upon me and blessed me with the most wonderful person to keep Camille while I'm at work. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt she is being held, loved on, and very well taken care of. I go home to visit and nurse Mil on my lunch break- and everything has worked out very nicely transitioning back to work. I do miss her terribly, but- I enjoy the time I do have with her so much more.

Mil takes formula 1 to 2 times a day and that has been a bit of struggle because she has a milk protein allergy which causes her eyes to swell and her skin to break out. After many trials and errors--- she finally took Enfamil Soy based pre-mixed formula. For some reason SHE WILL NOT take the powder version of the exact same formula (which is much cheaper). and she is finally getting to the point where she doesn't GAG when the formula touches her pallet. At first, I thought she was just being dramatic until I tasted it for myself... and I don't blame her for gagging- YUK!

We have had a wonderful 2nd month. We celebrated my father's 70th birthday, then Thanksgiving came and went, and during the Holiday Camille met the rest of her 16 aunts and uncles and 18 first cousins. :)

Camille consumes all of our time and energy- I know this sounds cliche'... but I HONESTLY don't know what I did with all of my time before she came into my life. Had I known what  joy a child would bring to Patrick and me... I would have had her years ago!

She is truly perfect... We love you, Milli Milli Moo Cow!

No comments: