"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

March 6, 2011

4 month post… almost a month late!

I am JUST NOW getting around to doing Mil’s 4 month post… I did her 5 month photo today. 

I have to back track and do this one on its own and not lump her 4th and 5th together in a post because I print them off and stick them in her baby book, along with MANY other unnecessary things that most people would find ridiculous to save. I started her 4 month post a while back and now I'll finish it up:

 Camille,


So many milestones occurred in your 3rd month here on this earth!!! This was the month when you laughed your first laugh, rolled over, and you were fed from a spoon… lots of firsts!


We couldn’t ask for a happier baby (I’ve been told by many that your first baby is wonderful, which makes you want a second) and if I knew that I would for sure have another baby as delightful as you… I’d have another one in a heartbeat! You are an absolute joy to your dad and I … so much so, that we FIGHT over you. Yes, we fight. The other morning, Patrick wanted to feed you your morning bottle and wake you up because when you first wake, you open your tired eyes and do a big stretch and when you see Mom or Dad you instantly make the BIGGEST grin and start kicking your legs and feet sporadically and your arms wail about - seriously, it’s the cutest thing! So you can see why I wanted to be the one to wake you up … and so a fuss ensued.


On February 1st- Your best buddies finally arrived! Our friends Griffin and Lacy had their twin boys and they arrived 17 weeks to the day after you. We look forward to you guys grow up together. (You can check out their pictures by the oh so talented Photographer Lori Mercer by clicking here: CLICK HERE!)

In other news:
I went to my first consignment sale in Montgomery (Well, the first one I didn’t enter, take one look around, scream, and run right back out!) I did pretty well- 17 Spring/Summer articles of clothing (and three were smocked outfits) and I only spent 75 bucks! I was happy to be given a guest pass (Thank Kimberly!), I don’t know how well I would have made out had I went the next day. AND- let me just stand on my soap box for a minute:

To all YOU crazy/spastic consignment shopping moms that dash in and snatch EVERY SINGLE PIECE of clothing in their child’s size off of the rack and then go hide in a corner like the Little Match Stick Girl and rummage through your 100 plus articles of clothing to decide what you will purchase: Really, is it that serious?… I know it’s a Strasburg Smocked Dress for only 15 bucks--- but, really… C’mon--- IT IS NOT WORTH turning into that which I just described. 

Okay, off my soap box now.
Now to write about all that happend this PAST month for her 5th month post!


No comments: