"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 12, 2011

Eleven Months!

Camille, 

We're nearing your first birthday and it's all just a little bittersweet. These past eleven months have passed so quickly! If it weren't for pictures and videos... I would vaguely recall a time when you were so tiny and helpless. Now- you have opinions, prefer things to be a certain way, would rather feed yourself and walk around the house like you OWN the place (which you totally do!)

I love your array of facial expressions and scowl stares 

I love how when you are walking across the living room... you stop, look at me or your dad and wait for "Your DUE Applause" to continue

I love how excited you get when I run the bath water... and how you literally try to jump out of my arms and dive into it!

I love how you give "Sugar",on Que, and I don't even mind the drool

Even though its sometimes painful and not to mention, annoying... I really do love how you must play with my hair to fall asleep

Your loud shrieks, giggles and baby gibberish are all very entertaining... especially, in Wal-Mart when you're conversing with strangers

I love how you dance to any music... your favorite is to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce

I love watching the "Good Night Show" on the Sprout Channel with you and how you smile when Lucy the Firefly comes on the screen...

I could go on and on....

You are, by far, the coolest baby to ever walk the face of this Earth (I'm a little partial, though) But, really--- you are so chill and easy-going... and up for anything.

In your Tenth Month, You
  • Began walking, for-realz! I'am officially saying you are walking and I am defining walking as: preferring to walk rather than crawl... and you have perfected this milestone!
  • Began drinking from a straw
  • Talking in Gibberish sentences... I don't know what you're trying to convey, I wish I did! Up until this month, you only spouted off one word at a time or a few two syllable sounds.  Now your "words" have become lengthy and many at once. You say everything with such conviction (You get that from me!)... and whatever you're saying, I'm sure its hilarious because YOU crack YOURSELF up (You get that from me, too)!
  • Experienced your first Air Jump Castle at a Birthday Party
  • Began wearing Pampers Cruisers... Size 4! Yikes! 
  • Your favorite foods are: Sweet Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs w/ Cheese, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Yogurt, Apple Juice Popsicle's and of course anything and everything that is sweet. 

Here's some pics from your Tenth Month:
Happy Birthday, Sarah Kate!


 Alright... I'm in here, now what do I do?
 Visiting P-Daddy at the Fire Department
 Daddy's Girl!

We love you, Camille! Wait till you see what I have planned for your FIRST Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly. said...

How Sweet. She's a DOLL!