"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

September 11, 2011

Mother of the Year 2011... ?

Nope, no eleven month photo... yet. Camille is ON THE GO! I've attempted, twice, to take the photo... but, she has better things to do and won't sit still long enough for me to step back and snap the pic.

I hope, tomorrow... I can get it while she sleeps.

Announcement:

My name has officially been pulled from the Mother of the Year 2011 Ballot because of an incident that occurred Tuesday night.

"The Incident"

Camille falling off the bed and screaming bloody murder for 20 minutes as I rock her all the while cursing myself (under my breath)  and vow from this day forward: Camille, my child, I don't care if you scream and cry a river with your crocodile tears... THAT'S IT!- You are hereby banished to your crib starting tomorrow night... and then, waking up the next morning  to see a  HUGE Goose Egg size bruise on her temple... which is literally, well--- the size of a actual Goose Egg!
When I saw this "Goose Egg" bruise.. I lost it!

Not only did I lose any possibility of becoming Mother of the Year 2011 and receiving the Grand Prize of 100 grand... I feel like a total piece-of-crap-parent and afraid to take her anywhere, fearing that someone will call Child Protective Services. Ugh.

Upon entering work the next morning with mascara tear marks and swollen eyes... I had to go and give P-Diddy (who was coming off shift at the F.D.) a heads up! Thankfully, he was consoling and made me feel a lil' better. And then, each of my co-workers told me a gazillion stories of their parenting mishaps and that made me feel a lil' better. Also, I called the Pediatrician  and Dr. "T" made me feel A LOT better, "Christy, did she briefly lose consciousness? (no.) Did she begin crying immediately? (yes.) Is she being her normal, happy self today? (yes.) Goose Eggs are a good sign, periodically place a cold pack on it... and CHILL OUT- this happens very often to babies at this age. 

Camille is fine... Mom, not so much.

(AND--- before anyone takes it upon themselves to inform me: "FYI- there is no such award as Mother of the Year 2011 with a Grand Prize of 100,000 Smackaroos..." I. AM. KIDDING.)


No comments: