"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

May 18, 2013

Gymnastics Showcase! May 18, 2013

Here are some videos from the Gym-Babies Gymnastics Showcase from today. 
I am so proud of my girl! 

I haven't been able to see her participate since the first class... she "acts up" when I'm in sight, so I have to sit in my car during practice. 

She did great! I was very proud, mostly, from how she followed directions, stayed in line and waited for her turn.  I think there were only two brief meltdowns.


The Vault!

The Bars!... well, Bar!

"Tumbling"



A flip on the Beam (assisted, of course)
   
 Camille has gone from running away from the coaches and yelling, "Nnnnoooo, I don't wanna swing like a monkey" to getting her first medal. AND, to think- I almost pulled her out of the class. Thank you, Lauren and coaches for your patience... Camille has really enjoyed being a part of the Gym-Babies and we look forward to the Summer Session!



Here is Camille on her first day of class, August 2012... just shy of two of years old. 
She is growing too fast!


We Love you, Camille!

No comments: